hi new here!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on hi new here! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey everyone, i'm new here from colorad, i just bought my first 05 wrx over the weekend in silver metalic ...

hi new here!

hey everyone, i'm new here from colorad, i just bought my first 05 wrx over the weekend in silver metalic grey. i love the 05 interior, way better than the 02's. The car feels really cool, but i hear this clicking noise from the steering column, at first i thought it was my keys, but then i held my keys and for sure its not it. so i'm having to take it back for service this weekend, any one ever had this problem before? if so how did you fix it? another thing is, is it possible to make my car faster w/o louder? i used to own an accord and the whole muffler header thing was cool for about a week after that it got annoying, and i love the WRX's smooth power delivery w/o the vroom noise, so my question is, is there any parts out there (besides cams internals etc etc) that can make my wrx go faster w/o the nasty sound? sorry for the long post. all comments are welcomed! thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think I know what the clicking is!!!!!!

Try turning off your turn signal....

Ok, it wasn't that great.....

Man, I need some sleep

Scott

um.. i dont think its the turning signal but i'll check ..... but anyone know what the real answer is?

cv joint

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    I dunno...???

Welcome to the club anyways and I hope you resolve your issue.... GOOD LUCK!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

hehe thanks well subaru will fix it this saturday anyways jsut wanted to see if u guys knew what it was.

sorry to hear of your problem with your new 05 ? with the clicking sound .

Pete. ( nearly forgot Welcome )
    WR Blue 02 WRX

take it to the dealer... and welcome

thanks hehe

Welcome my friend. Hopefully you got the problem fixed, cuz I have no idea... You just missed out on "The Fall Drive"... We had around 20-25 Subies show up... Anywayz, if you don't want a loud exhaust go with the Prodrive Axle back Muffler... It's a damn good muffler and be sure to get the oval tip one. However, they're hard to come by since Prodrive stopped making the oval tip... Prodrive now only makes the round tip... But ya, welcome...
    -Jon-
    I have two stickers on the front and back of my car that make it more aerodynamic and add 113 hp each...
    Originally posted by svc
    Your smiley-to-word ratio is impressive! That's almost a 1:3 right there!
    Haven't seen that since subiefeind

but isn't the full system better than just the axle back? i want somthing that sound kind of like the comptech if you guys have ever heard of it. Its a bit louder but not ricer loud

Any time you get an uppipe or downpipe it's going to be noticably louder... These engines are nothing like an Accord's, For example: a cold air intake on a honda engine gives you great power gains.... on a subaru it most likely messup your air/fuel ratios, and barely ever give you a gain. If you want power without sound just go straight for the bigger turbo, injectors, fuel pump and Engine Management. The turbo will get louder but the turbo spooling is almost orgasmic. I personally love the sound of my car... I have it dumped out at the down pipe (loud)
    I'm huge... 6'6" 370lbs! Call me fat and I'll kick your A$$!

a bigger turbo? dont you need internal works for it? like i said sorry i'm jsut too used to honda hehe, so i can go with bigger turbo and sti injectors and some kind of fuel management and still be good to go? i heard the pro-drive turbo back exhuast wasn't loud at all. any other ones?

Without any work on your internals you can get a bigger turbo (VF22, VF34), STI injectors, a walbro fuelpump, and either a ECU flash or a piggyback computer like a utec or ecutek... accessport is also a good EM. You don't need forged internals or internal work done unless your trying to push insane amounts of boost (anything above 18psi)

But not upgrading up and downpipes will hinder performance of those things as they are already really restrictive on the stock set up. you can get alot of power by upgrading your up/downpipes, but then there comes the noise... there are very few cars that are as quiet as stock (or close to it) with oodles more of power.
    Last edited by pickinicholas; 09-29-2004 at 10:27 AM.
    I'm huge... 6'6" 370lbs! Call me fat and I'll kick your A$$!

Try a GReddy Evo/Evo2 or a Borla hush catback if you want quiet. Both will be a little louder catless.

The VF turbos are old technology. There are better options out there and tons of choices. Go with PE, FP, or Slowboy's GT turbos for serious power (maybe even a p&p on the turbo). You'll also need some engine management if you get a bigger turbo (utec).

200whp 208wtq @ 11psi (old)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast