Soon to be WRX owner has a few questions?

This is a discussion on Soon to be WRX owner has a few questions? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well, im looking mostly at 02' cause there the only ones in my price range i have been looking at ...

Question Soon to be WRX owner has a few questions?

well, im looking mostly at 02' cause there the only ones in my price range

i have been looking at auto trans and manual trans, my question is, how good are the auto trans in these cars, i mean can the hold up to rough driving habbits?

i will be buying my wrx within a few days

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Talk to the guys in the 4EAT forum. They've got all the auto experience.

Not having driven one, I understand it takes a little longer to get spooled up, and you loose a little less than a second in the 1/4. Seeing as how really abusive drivers have a habit of breaking the manual, the 4EAT might be the way to go of you are really rough on 'em.

Welcome to the club!

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

i went and looked at this one today... very nice car and very clean, the price was $22k

but i guess the have it on sale, and the sales man said it was 18k somthing, but i really wasnt listing to him he was some dumb **** that didnt know **** about the car.

i hope the will take my offer of $17500 im paying cash so that might help get the price down. i just hope its there thursday when i got cash in hand

sorry bout the crappy pics, it was getting dark.

Last edited by Blackpeon; 09-28-2004 at 12:13 AM.

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    It looks like there are aftermarket rims on it. Is there anything else done to the car? Miles? Did you check out the blue book value on it? Definitely some things to investigate before you pay cash for it. Ignore their price of $22k. They would never get that price on an '02 unless it wasn't stock and had some HIGH dollar parts and rims on it. Look up the blue book value. If it's a mostly stock rex, I'd start at around $17k and go from there. My .02
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

Seems kinda high for an 02'. I took my friend that drives a GSX to look at cars with me to see if anything was done to them. I ended up passing up on a 02' and driving 2 hours to pick up a 03' because of it. PM me if you need more info.

Check out the KBB and Edmunds. I would start with Edmunds' dealer trade-in price and work up from there. Don't forget to plug in the miles, options, and your zip code or you might not get an in-the-ball-park price.

200whp 208wtq @ 11psi (old)

it doesnt have any mods to it, carfax came out clean, i ended up paying $18,250 witch i think is a pretty good price.

i wanna put a BOV on it a kinda loud one, and recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpeon
    i wanna put a BOV on it a kinda loud one, and recommendations?
    i don't think you'd need a blow off valve as your first mod. try to get an uppipe or something in that price range. i have heard that bov hurts performance on a stock car.
    if you insist, you could go with turbo xs rfl bov.

A bov can make the car run rich between shifts. It dosen't have to be stock for this to happen. The car runs rich from the factory..something about using the extra fuel to lubricate something. I can't remember what it was...

Try some PDE pipes as a 1st mod. Alittle expensive, but no CELs. Or you can try some engine management. Try seaching for more bov sound clips. The txs and hks are pretty loud.

Nice car btw.

200whp 208wtq @ 11psi (old)

Quote Originally Posted by b4437
    turbo xs rfl bov.
    that sucker's LOUD!
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com