2005 Wagon, New WRX Owner!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2005 Wagon, New WRX Owner!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi there, My name is Joe and I recently purchased a 2005 WRX Wagon. I want some neat ideas to ...

2005 Wagon, New WRX Owner!!!

Hi there,

My name is Joe and I recently purchased a 2005 WRX Wagon. I want some neat ideas to do to my WRX that will not void my warranty. I am getting the Factory upgrade Cat-Back exhaust put on tomorrow, and I want to do a video screen inside, but a lot of engine mods seem to void the warranty.

Glad to be a member of this Site!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you can back out of the exhaust purchase now, do it!!!! The upgraded WRX exhaust option is one of the biggest waste of money items evar.

Some suspension mods are definitely a must. I'd start with a rear strut tower bar (helps quite a bit in a wagon) and a beefier rear sway bar - with new endlinks if you want. Tires are also an awesome mod. Maybe upgrade the steering bushings up front, too. None of those things will affect your warranty.

Engine side...yank the silencer, gut your uppipe and get a cheaper catback. None of those will void a warranty, either.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    Welcome! Ya, I'd back out of the exhaust upgrade and get an aftermarket one. Dealerships charge an arm and a leg for upgrades like that and they usually aren't as effective as aftermarket choices. Like integra96 said, some basic exhaust mods and some nice suspension upgrades and you'll be on your way to a great ride.

PS: Wagonz own!
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Where are you? Fill out that profile.

Check out the tech forums for answers to all your upgrade questions.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Too Late. I already dropped my car off at Subaru to get my Cat-back put on. Hopefully it is not that bad. I had a 200 dollar off coupon from the Manufacture so it only cost me 249 for the Cat-Back, I did not think that was that bad.

welcome to the club.
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Thanks

Joejoe - welcome man!! what olor is the wagon??? oh and 249 aint bad for a catback dont worry - some dealers will charge 700 bucks for that thing so thats not bad at all - get yourself a downpipe and you will have an extremely affordable and nice turbo back exhaust system - enjoy your car and drive it safe bro - Dan
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

Yeah thats not bad at all. Nice to hear another wagons in the club.
    TINA..... come eat your ham!!!

04 white wrx wagon stage 2.5

Yeah, I figured that is not bad.....I will taking some pictures of my WRX wagon soon as well. It is Suby blue

Hi Joe , congrats on your 05 wagon

Pete.
    WR Blue 02 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by j0ej0e21
    Hi there,

My name is Joe and I recently purchased a 2005 WRX Wagon. I want some neat ideas to do to my WRX that will not void my warranty. I am getting the Factory upgrade Cat-Back exhaust put on tomorrow, and I want to do a video screen inside, but a lot of engine mods seem to void the warranty.

Glad to be a member of this Site!
    My wagon's noo and bloo, too... 2 weeks old. Immediately got a cold-air intake (AEM), up-pipe w/o cat (Random Tech), and a GReddy header (vents to two pipes before collecting)... and did the aftermarket hi-flow cat in the downpipe thing (Random Tech) to stay streetable, and a cat-back (Random Tech pipes, GReddy EVO 2). Down to one cat, opened it all up and smoothed out the bends. Now the power band's suhwEEEt... lag's down to 2K! Highly recommend the cold-air and tossin' the pre-turbo cat.... I'm hooked on hearin' my turbo clear it's throat. Spool's quick, launches great, boost pressure jumps at 5K. Timed my 0-60 the same as my test drive of Carter's STI, but that could just be me.

BTW, I bought at Eastside... Carter seemed uptight about warranty. Merick at Eastside service says to me, "You racin'? Just shoot straight w/ me and I'll work with you." He's been cool about the aftermarket exhaust stuff, but not so clear about boost controller / ECU refresh talk when it comes to voiding, tho I think he's down with my opening the waste gate a little sooner. Merick sent me to Twan at Performance Tuning in Kirkland... great customer service there, really happy with their work.

Great price on your cat-back, Joe... do you like your muffler? How many cats you got left, total? I'm bettin' three, since it's factory. What're you plannin' for the 200 you saved?

Hey... why don't some of us get together for burgers and Mitsu-bashing?

Hey there, do any of you guys know how to get more sound out of my turbo, my buddy has an evolution and you can hear his turbo, but I can not hear mine. It is not fair!

do a search for a "silencer hack" or "silencer mod" - this free mod = more turbo for the ear without having to pay $$$$$ for a blow off valve - do not get a Cold Air Intake - do a search on reviews of cold air intakes and you will find out why I say this - short ram intakes are not nearly as bad - trust me when I say this - its not like modding a non-turboed car - there's other stuff to worry about if you put a cold air intake in.....search and you will learn my friends :-)
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

If it's just the sound you want, try taping your buddy's evo and play it back under your hood. But if you want to hear the rushing sound of air and turbine (and stock BOV) stuffing O2 in your hungry engine for a power punch -- then you gotta move air, in and out. Check out Subaru Review online. Everyone who was disappointed in their CAI had stock exhaust systems and no where to keep the flow of air moving. Blow thru a stir stick. Then tape a straw tight around a stir sick and blow. You're still blowing thru a stir stick.

You'll feel the surge and hear a really cool turbo-screamin' slurp if you open up your intake and exhaust. Lose a cat or two, open up your pipes, and jam dense, cold air in your engine. Your O2 sensor will pick it up and send in more premium for the kapow!

And, oh yeah, your intake will be lower, so don't drive through creeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast