Howdy

This is a discussion on Howdy within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; New guy to the turbo improts here. I've been an f-body guy, owning several camaro's and firebirds. Just traded my ...

Howdy

New guy to the turbo improts here. I've been an f-body guy, owning several camaro's and firebirds. Just traded my 2002 Camaro in on a 2005 WRX with the premium package and a short throw shifter. This little thing is a rocket, I love it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrads on the new rex and welcome. I'm a fan of muscle cars just not their gas mileage.
    TINA..... come eat your ham!!!

04 white wrx wagon stage 2.5

Hi & Welcome,congrats on your 05.

Pete.
    WR Blue 02 WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome,

Quite the different toy than what you are used to, but the first time that AWD saves your butt from a spin you won't look back!

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

well, just to stick up for my old team a bit, I'm definetly going to have to check out my mileage vs my friends Camaro SS 6 speed. I think he may actually have me there as well as on power. But I can fit people in the back seat better, and get around in the snow a lot easier, so it's an even swap I think Insurance from my 2002 V6 Camaro to this WRX will be interesting to see tomorrow, I'm kinda scared hehe.

Seems like my car is pretty nice in the WRX world though, from the comments I've gotten. It's silver, 5 speed with a short throw shifter, turbo gauge, premium package with the moonroof and heated seats, 6 disc cd changer, compass and autodimming mirror. Also, some of the other WRX's I've seen have the double tailpipe, while mine has one big one. But those were 2002's, was that a change they made for the 2004/2005?

BTW I'm gonna be a huge n00b here. I'm ignorant of the whole forced induction small engine world, so if I say stupid stuff, feel free to correct. I've been on the internet a long time and know the game well

congrats on the car, and welcome to the forum.
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

nice ride, i went from a 1995 convertible v6. the 3.8 liter engine. Wrx is much faster adn the gas mileage is better. plus my insurance on my camaro was more than wrx.
    YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club! You will be suprised how cheap these cars are to mod to get decent times at the drag strip. And please use the SEARCH button as often as possible.

Quite a few changes differ from 2002 to 2005 WRX's. Including, rims, painted side skirts, headlights and tailights, single muffler and seats. I really think Subaru did a good job on the 2005. There are a lot of things already done to your car that people with earlier models will have to spend money on that you will not which are things I posted above. Have fun with it.