New guy... cheer me up

This is a discussion on New guy... cheer me up within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whelp I'm selling my vr4 because it was costin millions to maintain. My vr4 has some serious ballz though and ...

VR4

New guy... cheer me up

Whelp I'm selling my vr4 because it was costin millions to maintain. My vr4 has some serious ballz though and I'm gonna miss that. I'm looking to get an 04 wrx mostly because its the coolest car I can afford that has a warranty. I would really like to get more than 227 horsies though. I saw that there are chips that require no cutting or wire splicing so you can just remove it before you take it to the dealer. What about exhaust though? do dealers typically care if the car has exhaust? I mean, they really shouldn't but you never know.

I'd be happy with the car if I could get up to stage 2 while maintaining my warranty.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool No problem with the exhaust

Whats up VR4?
    I've got aftermarket up, mid and catback. No service issues yet, and my dealer mechanic tells me they rarely have any issues with after market warranty issues.

Keep in touch
    STGAUDIO

VR4
    good news looks like I might be able to have some fun with the rex (thats slang for wrx right?) thanx for the reply... certainly softens the blow

depends on the dealer...a lot of them will not do work under warranty with stage 2 mods...but the cobb stage 2 reflash itself is supposed to be undectable....also main warranty work if your planning on driving your car hard..drag racing etc is tranny...and if you blow 1st or 2nd gear...they pretty much call it abuse everytime..you gotta be lucky for them to do it under warranty...even with no mods if you blow it they try to claim abuse..SOA sucks(subaru of america)...still a cool car...just gotta treat it right...i'd get a sti if i were you...or an evo.....i wish they were in my price range when i got my rex
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

welcome VR4
    WR Blue 02 WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Check out the Engine Performance forum. You will find some dealers try to void warranties for as little as farting in your car, while others are lenient with mods. Find one in your area that other owners have had good experiences with.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

VR4
    whats the deal with the trannys bustin though... just read a long thread on that. And somde dealers dont honor warranties!?!?!?! wtf!!

Former 3SI owner

I recently traded in my Dodge Stealth for an 02 WRX.

The biggest difference is the weight. The WRX is about 400 pounds lighter (on the door), but in real life (on a truck scale) its closer to 700 pounds lighter. The stock turbo doesn't have the lag of a 3Si, and seems smoother through the power curve. And it seems to handle a little better going into the corners, IMHO.

I'm currently looking around for opinions on what the first mod should be... Probably a boost controller w/ guage.

- Michael
    02 WRX

A bus station is where a bus stops.
    A train station is where a train stops.
    I have a workstation on my desk....

PICNIC - problem in chair, not in computer.

Welcome Vr4, im a former Stealth owner myself, great cars but i like my Scooby more
    Bugeye MafiaThe Sentinel

WRX vs. Stealth

Quote Originally Posted by TXSnEj20
    Welcome Vr4, im a former Stealth owner myself, great cars but i like my Scooby more
    So far, so good. Sometimes I miss the Stealth. Usually I don't.

- Michael
    02 WRX

A bus station is where a bus stops.
    A train station is where a train stops.
    I have a workstation on my desk....

PICNIC - problem in chair, not in computer.