Scootr
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Scootr within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi I'm new to the club. It's been a while since I have been motovated to modify a car. Back ...

Scootr

Hi I'm new to the club. It's been a while since I have been motovated to modify a car. Back when I was much younger, I purchased a new 1956 Chevy and customed the car so you see, I've been around the block many times and my extended warrenty has long been expired. I've been monitoring much of the post and I am trying to learn some of the terms which is foreign to me. What many of you are doing are the same things we were doing back in the 50s but the lingo has changed. Back in March of this year I purchased a silver WRX wagon and loving every mile on it. I hope all of you will continue to post your ideas so that even some of your older members can continue to learn.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Sounds like there is finally someone here older than Mister X, Shotgun, and me.

You'll find that for the most part it is our interest in cars that we have in common no matter what our age. At twice the average age around here, I feel like I fit in just fine (with a few rare exceptions.) Hopefully, you'll find the same thing.

Sometimes you'll shake your head in wonder, and other times you'll laugh your Geritol through your nose! Its a crazy place.

Take some time to look in the tech forums at the stickies before asking obvious questions. There's usually an answer already here, somewhere. we had a major database corruption due to hackers here that shut us down for a while, so bear with any oddities.

So again, welcome, from one old fart to another!
    Steve

(I think I work here. "Welcome to the Club" disappeared, and this forum just showed up tonight?)

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Welcome

Pete.
    Pete.

Hi & Welcome to Club WRX.
    WR Blue 02 WRX

Nice job with a 56 Chevy, I have always loved those cars. I grew up around antique cars (as they are called now). My dad is an enthusiast but he never modded them But he has had a few cool ones like the 69 Chevelle SS w/ a 454 and some mustangs and a buick wildcat. But now he has old-man cars like his 26 Caddy, 27 Caddy, and various other caddies all the way up to his 56 convertible caddy. If you have some pics of your past projects that you could throw up on the computer I would definately enjoy it. Oh yeah and have fun on the site.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Thank you for all of the welcome messages I have received. I maybe the oldest in the Club but the fire still burns. I wish I did have some pictures of my 56 Chevy, my 62 Chevy but I'm afraid only memories of the good old days are left. The good old days, I think we are so much better off today then we were back then as far a autos are concern. You are so lucky to be part of todays auto scene.

I've made some mods and as time goes bye, I will post some pics of my wrx.

Thanks again to all.

Scootr

Yeah Wagons rule. Welcome to the club
    TINA..... come eat your ham!!!

04 white wrx wagon stage 2.5

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootr
    Thank you for all of the welcome messages I have received. I maybe the oldest in the Club but the fire still burns. I wish I did have some pictures of my 56 Chevy, my 62 Chevy but I'm afraid only memories of the good old days are left. The good old days, I think we are so much better off today then we were back then as far a autos are concern. You are so lucky to be part of todays auto scene.

I've made some mods and as time goes bye, I will post some pics of my wrx.

Thanks again to all.

Scootr
    I'm having fun in the wagon, but a look at my sig will show you there's some old metal in the garage, as well. Plus, my first car was even older than you! And was almost a wagon as well.

...and I've been into wagons ever since: '68 Volkswagon, '69 FIAT 124 Sportwagon, '75 Volkswagon, '81 Dodge Colt Hatch (wagon), a couple Ford trucks (sorta wagons) and the WRX Sportwagon Affectionately known as 'The Fabulous Trashwagon', courtesy of BS Levy
    Last edited by smorris; 09-24-2004 at 06:07 PM.

The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Quote Originally Posted by smorris
    I'm having fun in the wagon, but a look at my sig will show you there's some old metal in the garage, as well. Plus, my first car was even older than you! And was almost a wagon as well.

...and I've been into wagons ever since: '68 Volkswagon, '69 FIAT 124 Sportwagon, '75 Volkswagon, '81 Dodge Colt Hatch (wagon), a couple Ford trucks (sorta wagons) and the WRX Sportwagon Affectionately known as 'The Fabulous Trashwagon', courtesy of BS Levy

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    welcome
    are you drinking?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Hahahaha this is the best
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

I Support ClubWRX
    A welcome from the future
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    WTH? This is about as old as the forum archives get. How did you stumble upon this gem?

The Morris Garage
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast