Soon-to-be new STi owner!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Soon-to-be new STi owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all! I'm going to be the proud papa of a new '07 here sometime in the next few months! ...

Soon-to-be new STi owner!

Hey all!

I'm going to be the proud papa of a new '07 here sometime in the next few months! Woohoo!

Here's my question to you guys experienced with Subie and other dealers--how much of a "run" do you think there will be on '07 STi's? I've heard both positive and negative comments on the '08s, but then again no one has seen the '08 STis...

I'd appreciate any input from you guys. Thanks!

Daniel

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

Not sure what you mean by "how much of a run" but there are some spy photos allegedly of STi's floating around...
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome to the club.

Not sure what you mean by "how much of a run" but there are some spy photos allegedly of STi's floating around...
    +1 double 0 agents are good for something
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

We figure the 2007 STI sales will pick up once people can see the 2008 Impreza style next month in person at dealers. Some will like the new style while others will not like it and will try to pick up a 2007 version.

we have sold 3 STI's in the last week or so and I have two appointments on STI's in the next 3 days so we do expect them to get very scarce over the next 60 days. Most dealers arent keeping a bunch of 2007 STI's on the ground from talking to them during dealer trades. Some might have one or two and some dont have any. of course that will vary with the area a particular dealer is in as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

By a "run" I mean do you think people will buy up the remaining '07s due to the redesign. I'm simply trying to guage how much is "dealer speak" and how much is reality, no offense...

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by drledford93 View Post
    By a "run" I mean do you think people will buy up the remaining '07s due to the redesign. I'm simply trying to guage how much is "dealer speak" and how much is reality, no offense...

Daniel
    no big deal.

that is just how it is with bodystyle changes. Original GC owners didn the same when the bugeye WRX came out.

it is going to be hard to know that yet until the hatch actually hits dealers so people can look at one up close. Even though it wont be an STI, they can still see how they like the overall lines of the vehicle, the size, etc and many will make their choice at that point whether to wait or get a 2007.

some simply wont want to wait that long for the 2008 STI and take the chance that they dont like it in person and that the 2007s might be gone from dealer inventory that far along.

some jumped for the new bugeye style while others searched for leftovers because they did not like the style. that goes with any vehicle, not just WRX/STI models.

when the Impreza hatches hit, people will judge what they think of it in person. If they like it, they will wait for the 2008 STI, if they dont like the hatch in person, they will search for a 2007 STI still at a dealership.

the 2007 Wranglers had the same thing happen. Some didnt like the new engine/changes so they looked for a left over TJ style or even bought used and some waited for them to become available and bought a new JK. My wife and I had 4 TJ styles and were excited for this new one and now have a JK.

just part of the automotive world. some like new styles, some dont and some just buy the new ones because it is the newest available.
    Last edited by GraysonSubaru; 07-24-2007 at 09:10 AM.

I wouldn't expect people to buy 07's when the 08's come out. The 08 will undoubtedly be a better performer than the 07 and from what I've seen from the 08 WRX the styling is 'fixable'. Many people hated the current design but it was those same people saying that it was 'growing on them' weeks later.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

i think it will be a split between STI buyers on which one they buy. much like the 2006 change, it split buyers. Some went looking for blobeye STI models and others waited for the hawkeye models to hit.

i think the new style will attract buyers that bought wagons for the function or wanted a wagon for function, but wanted the STI goodies.

that being said, i think there will be others that will look either to the new EVO or a 2007 STI that absolutely refuse to have a hatch or anything that they might think resembles a wagon.

our 2008 Impreza models are schedule for Aug 17th delivery.

I believe that just style-wise, the Evo X will slaughter any STi. However, the mechanicals and reliability are another story...

The '08s are not bad looking cars. For me, I really like hatches. I've had several over the years. Don't know why, but I like them.

However, I just like the combination of reliability, functionality, and pure performance that the '07 STi offers. Plus, in the words of my wife, when she saw (and felt) me push the car hard (as directed by the salesman), it "made her tingle."

Daniel

hatches and wagons are great. I looked for a bugeye wagon when i bought the sedan. couldnt find any for sale in a reasonable price range.

i love the idea of the STI goodies in a more usable package like a hatch. Some will probably feel it doesnt go with the heritage or something and will not like the new styling.

like most of us, we are about the driving experience more than the looks so what is underneath is what matters most when it comes to our vehicles.

welcome to teh club

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    hatches and wagons are great. I looked for a bugeye wagon when i bought the sedan. couldnt find any for sale in a reasonable price range.

i love the idea of the STI goodies in a more usable package like a hatch. Some will probably feel it doesn't go with the heritage or something and will not like the new styling.

like most of us, we are about the driving experience more than the looks so what is underneath is what matters most when it comes to our vehicles.
    I am a very shallow person. I love the look of the blobeye and love my hawkeye even more. The bugeyes still have somewhat of the same style and I still respect it but it just doesn't look as good to me. But as for the new 2008, I just don't like the new scoop or the new front end and the fact the STI may only be hatch. Even if they do increase the power, I could always mod my car for more power or add stiffer suspension...It is somewhat more difficult to change the body style if I don't like it. If the STI will only be 5 door hatch then I can't magically make it into a 4 door sedan for cheap($3000ish) now can I?

I don't need much cargo space as a trunk is enough to hold books and my laptop and I only find 4 doors to be nice if some friends need a ride and want to drive in style. I don't know much about how it is related to heritage but it is my personal preference to dislike hatches and wagon styles. I dislike them only to the point where I wouldn't buy one...but I still respect them.
    CGM 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX - Sold
    WRB 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Hawk-Eye alliance #100.1

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post

i love the idea of the STI goodies in a more usable package like a hatch. Some will probably feel it doesn't go with the heritage or something and will not like the new styling.

I am a very shallow person. I love the look of the blobeye and love my hawkeye even more. The bugeyes still have somewhat of the same style and I still respect it but it just doesn't look as good to me. But as for the new 2008, I just don't like the new scoop or the new front end and the fact the STI may only be hatch. Even if they do increase the power, I could always mod my car for more power or add stiffer suspension...It is somewhat more difficult to change the body style if I don't like it. If the STI will only be 5 door hatch then I can't magically make it into a 4 door sedan for cheap($3000ish) now can I?

I don't need much cargo space as a trunk is enough to hold books and my laptop and I only find 4 doors to be nice if some friends need a ride and want to drive in style. I don't know much about how it is related to heritage but it is my personal preference to dislike hatches and wagon styles. I dislike them only to the point where I wouldn't buy one...but I still respect them.
    CGM 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX - Sold
    WRB 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Hawk-Eye alliance #100.1

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.