subie newbie...question

This is a discussion on subie newbie...question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; whats up everybody. glad to be here. got my 07 wrx tr last may. takin my time modifying it so ...

subie newbie...question

whats up everybody. glad to be here. got my 07 wrx tr last may. takin my time modifying it so far i'm just getting accesories ( led interior lights, dead pedal, etc.)
    anyway wondering if u guys can help me out with a few questions.

how do i "debadge"? not sure if dats the right term but i wanna remove my subaru logo or decal on my trunk. whats the best way of doing it?

i wanna install the SPT exhaust, maybe the intake as well but im planning on buyin the parts on another website coz its cheaper. So i wanna know how much does it cost to get it installed coz i called my service center and they cant give me a specific amount.

thats it for now... appreciate it if u can help out

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the club!

as far as debadging goes I would suggest using the search button because there should be a thread explaining how to do it

Lookin at the cost to install the spt cbe I would assume you would only have to pay for the labor and in my area which it varies from dealership to dealership at least thats what they told me anyway the labor rate at my dealership is between 18-25 dollars an hour and you would probably be looking at an hour to two hour install so at maximum 50-60 bucks

hopefully this was helpful
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Quote Originally Posted by despoe View Post
    whats up everybody. glad to be here. got my 07 wrx tr last may. takin my time modifying it so far i'm just getting accesories ( led interior lights, dead pedal, etc.)

how do i "debadge"? not sure if dats the right term but i wanna remove my subaru logo or decal on my trunk. whats the best way of doing it?

i wanna install the SPT exhaust, maybe the intake as well but im planning on buyin the parts on another website coz its cheaper. So i wanna know how much does it cost to get it installed coz i called my service center and they cant give me a specific amount.

welcome to the club - B pretty much summed it up, but yeah, debadging is easy

since you have an 07, dont even think about taking off that center logo. theres holes where that one goes haha.

as for the other badges,

first, heat them with a hairdryer

second, while still hot, take a piece of dental floss, and wedge it between the trunk and the badge, and floss it like a tooth, it will eventually separate - takes some elbow grease

finally, theres still some glue crap on your trunk, so take some wd-40 (as it wont hurt your car's paint) and spray it onto a shop towel or something of the like. Then take the towel and rub vigorously until the glue is all the way off. then wash, claybar, and wax and you'll be good to go
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

Quote Originally Posted by despoe View Post

I believe there is a video on youtube about debaging gimme a moment to find it

Darn it I couldn't find it but I know I watched a video not to long ago about it.
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

oh, right, B. now you're being helpful because i pwned you.
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    oh, right, B. now you're being helpful because i pwned you.
    Hahaha
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

I Support ClubWRX
    Greeetings and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Debadge: http://www.filtsai.com/sti/debadging/index.php

CBE: Unless your in a wheelchair, it's very easy to do yourself. It's as simple as taking off a few bolts, taking it out, and putting the new one in. You don't need a lift or any special tools. You're either very rich or very lazy if you pay someone to install a CBE.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.