Stock Mods?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock Mods? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I own a new 07 WRX TR and was wondering if there are any simple mods (not costing money) ...

Question Stock Mods?

So I own a new 07 WRX TR and was wondering if there are any simple mods (not costing money) that can be done to the car? Or do i have to ex.) buy a manual/electroic turbo boost adjuster...I already have the "blueprint" list for my vehicle but being a new dad, auto mechanic, and only 18...it will take at least 10 years to get my project finished...unless...there's any sponsors out there that would like to help me get a jump on my list?!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

AFAIK, the only simple "free" mod is to remove the intake silencer. It doesn't really do all that much but make your intake and tuubo bit louder, which is still cool. You shouldn't buy a manual boost controller... what you'll want to do is save up some cash and invest in a real form of engine management, such as the COBB Accessport, which safely controls boost, timing, air/fuel mixture etc. It cost around 700 bucks, and coupled with a turboback exhaust (a few hundred more), you'll have a pretty mean car.
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

plug the vacum line from the stock blowoff valve with a plug.....or for free....use duck tape? lol. ghetto. the car will run a little rough though, but youll get the blowoff vavle to release to the atmosphere.
    b45r-vis carbon fiber trunk lid, sebion carbon fiber hood, in dash touchscreen dvd player/ps2 in glovbox, blue streetglow, short throw, graffix, short ram air intake, 2 12" alpine type R subs, 3 alpine v12 amps, 15 feret cap, type R speakers/tweets all around, and thats it for now....

Well it looks like just saving money and buying bits at a time is the best way to go then. I'm looking into the new AEM standalone EMS, and as far as exhaust I'm working with this Suby shop in Aurora, CO. to get a custom 3.5" exhaust set-up. I want to do the EMS first, then 6-speed transmission, THEN exhaust as far as the first 4000 dollars or so goes

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy_WRX View Post
    So I own a new 07 WRX TR and was wondering if there are any simple mods (not costing money) that can be done to the car? Or do i have to ex.) buy a manual/electroic turbo boost adjuster...I already have the "blueprint" list for my vehicle but being a new dad, auto mechanic, and only 18...it will take at least 10 years to get my project finished...unless...there's any sponsors out there that would like to help me get a jump on my list?!!
    congrats! i would personally suggest not spending money on stuff like blowoff valves. it will yield no performance gains for your car and has the potential for your car to run lean...which since you're a mechanic, you know running lean will eventually breakdown the engine.

i agree the first simple mod you can do is remove the silencer; it will sound sort of like you have a blowoff valve, but you wont hear it as clearly from outside the car. It basically is just for your pleasure, as there are no real performance gains from it. if you have any extra money to save, i would recommend saving for a catback exhaust. it'll give you a better tone, and probably 1-2 ponies as well. if you're willing to spend upwards of 1500 bucks, you can go stage 2 and end up gaining about 50-60hp.

good luck!
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

Good Luck!

Congrats on being a dad!!

Cobb AP 1st!

No BOV!

Intake gives you the nice whoosh sound!

Turbo-Back exhaust will help alot!

Quote Originally Posted by b45r View Post
    plug the vacum line from the stock blowoff valve with a plug.....or for free....use duck tape? lol. ghetto. the car will run a little rough though, but youll get the blowoff vavle to release to the atmosphere.
    Why on earth would you want to do that?
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

Well it looks like just saving money and buying bits at a time is the best way to go then. I'm looking into the new AEM standalone EMS, and as far as exhaust I'm working with this Suby shop in Aurora, CO. to get a custom 3.5" exhaust set-up. I want to do the EMS first, then 6-speed transmission, THEN exhaust as far as the first 4000 dollars or so goes
    if youre looking to get into that many mods, dont go with stand alone ems - get a cobbtuning accessport. they're made just for this car and the work great! get that, a downpipe, a cat-back, a short-ram intake, and do the 6 speed swap, and youll have a good 5k spent and will be very very happy pushing 300 hp

with the 6 speed you could get a bigger turbo and your exhaust system would be ready for it - you can use the Accessport to tune the car as well - so you could run a 20g with no issue and be pushing 350 to the wheels

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal_wrx View Post
    Why on earth would you want to do that?
    he really REALLY likes bov's

to get the pssshhh noise out of the stock BOV. makes it run really lean though. i only do it when i go to race or sumthen. i just think it sounds good. and its real quick and easy
    b45r-vis carbon fiber trunk lid, sebion carbon fiber hood, in dash touchscreen dvd player/ps2 in glovbox, blue streetglow, short throw, graffix, short ram air intake, 2 12" alpine type R subs, 3 alpine v12 amps, 15 feret cap, type R speakers/tweets all around, and thats it for now....

also with the bigger turbo ull need a better fuel pump, and injectors!

I Support ClubWRX
    So I own a new 07 WRX TR ...
    Welcome to the club! Congratulations on your new acquired fatherhood and your newly acquired Impreza. Have fun!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by wrxisthebest View Post
    also with the bigger turbo ull need a better fuel pump, and injectors!
    +1

i think me, you, and jeff are on the same page:

BOVs =
    Accessport =
    CAIs =
    TBE =

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome to the club! Congratulations on your new acquired fatherhood and your newly acquired Impreza. Have fun!
    uh oh J

i just said to BOV's

you's gonna get flamed on my behalf just b/c your in the thread and there's talk of a bov

so one person says Cobb MS...any other opinions on that? and my goal will be 450 HP i plan to put a minimum of 30G on this car inside and out...then when my baby girl turns 16 i'm going to turn the car over to her and start a new project

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.