Hood Scoop Serious Question
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hood Scoop Serious Question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yo Guys, I went and took a look at the 2004 WRX the Dealer told me was Stock. I get ...

Hood Scoop Serious Question

Yo Guys, I went and took a look at the 2004 WRX the Dealer told me was Stock. I get there and the hood scoop is about twice the size as the stock one, and its painted black. (The Car is Silver). Also the Spoiler is painted Black. Along with within the front bumper, around the lower fog lights is black. It kind of looks tacky, and it's disappointing. Does anyone know if I buy this car, where I can purchase the stock hood scoop for a decently low price. Or is there some kind of benefit of having this larger hood scoop. I believe its what comes with the newer STIs.

Thanks,
    John
    Previous Subarus:
    2004 Subaru WRX, 18G Deadbolt Zilla setup w/ Supporting Mods
    2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback Stock!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

those are all stock sti parts that wrx users can buy and put on their car. Post a thread on your local chapter and ask someone to trade their stock black hood scoop for your sti one. You'll get someone to jump on that QUICK. Also, if you want to get rid of the sti wing do the same thing. Ask someone to trade you for their wingless trunk.

The sti splitters you're talking about (under the fogs) come off very easily and you could sell those for $75+ (depending on condition)

Good luck!
    Stage II and loving it!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjester View Post
    Yo Guys, I went and took a look at the 2004 WRX the Dealer told me was Stock. I get there and the hood scoop is about twice the size as the stock one, and its painted black. (The Car is Silver). Also the Spoiler is painted Black. Along with within the front bumper, around the lower fog lights is black. It kind of looks tacky, and it's disappointing. Does anyone know if I buy this car, where I can purchase the stock hood scoop for a decently low price. Or is there some kind of benefit of having this larger hood scoop. I believe its what comes with the newer STIs.

Thanks,
    John
    the extra 2" of hoodscoop on the STI actually does provide more cooling. I know some people don't like the STI spoiler (i like sitting on park benches), but i'd recommend you keep the hoodscoop and just get it painted.

If you trade for a stock one make sure it's an 04+ WRX. The 02-03 models have a difference size hoodscoop.

Even if you trade you'd probably have to get it painted so i say just paint the one you got on there now.

just my humble onion.

I am going to keep the hood scoop and get it painted silver to match the car. The spoiler is the WRX spoiler not the STI large "park bench" one. So I am going to keep that as well and get it repainted at this point.

The "The sti splitters" you are talking about, look like they belong on the car. They are just painted black. As if someone painted them in their back yard lol.
    Previous Subarus:

I Support ClubWRX
    ouch that sux.... another h.s kid with a spray can. gl getting it painted!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by jpjester View Post
    I am going to keep the hood scoop and get it painted silver to match the car. The spoiler is the WRX spoiler not the STI large "park bench" one. So I am going to keep that as well and get it repainted at this point.

The "The sti splitters" you are talking about, look like they belong on the car. They are just painted black. As if someone painted them in their back yard lol.
    abused
    silly peguin. pointless wings are for ricers!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy silver View Post
    heard there is an ecu out thats like the hondata but for subbys.

It only has 34000 miles on the engine so thats really reassuring though. I did notice that the car has exhaust. I wasn't able to identify the brand but will be able to tomorrow. I took a look at the car today, Sunday, so the dealership was not open. I am going to go tomorrow night and pop the hood and take a look. I want to see if anything else was replaced or done. It also has the WRX Accessory Boost Gauge. If i don't buy the car, the dealer is going to whole sale it. So i am thinking of offering him 12 for the car. With my trade in, it will bump it down more, and then i can put a few bucks into getting the parts repainted.
    Previous Subarus:

my buddy went through a motor and trans b4 trading it in with 27k on the clock.ive done work at a dealership that does wholesale and i have workedas a salesman at subaru and if it gets wholesaled there is normally a good reason.just be carefull and make a good decision dont rush.there are more wrxs out there.just b wise young grasshopper b wise
    Last edited by 05wrx4U2nv; 07-01-2007 at 02:39 PM.
    silly peguin. pointless wings are for ricers!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy silver View Post
    heard there is an ecu out thats like the hondata but for subbys.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 05wrx4U2nv View Post
    my buddy went through a motor and trans b4 trading it in with 27k on the clock.ive done work at a dealership that does wholesale and i have workedas a salesman at subaru and if it gets wholesaled there is normally a good reason.just be carefull and make a good decision dont rush.there are more wrxs out there.just b wise young grasshopper b wise
    I bought a decently well maintained, modded '03 with 35k on it. Car was great until second gear exploded a month later...

Buying used is always risky. Sometimes no matter how careful you are problems can blow up on ya. Hope it goes well for you though. Since I replaced second gear I haven't had any problems at all.

Make sure you post his mods because some are real bad for the car and we can tell you if he had a clue into what he was doing.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

I am heading there tonight, to take a look at the car, and find out what exactly has been done to it. I will post the results this evening for you guys to run through. As i said before, I could only see that exhaust was done. Without popping the hood. Tonight i will find out the full works, along with how much exhaust work was actually completed.
    Previous Subarus:

So ironically enough a NEW guy replaced the Used car salesmen i was working with. He drove and took a look at the car. He said the transmission is perfect and rides great for a 34000 mile car. He said the clutch is really nice and alittle harder then most manuel cars (Is that the normal case with WRXs?) He said there is nothing done to the Engine what so ever other then that exhaust. I have to call him back to confirm whats left of the warrenty along with how much of the exhaust has been modified. He also said the Stock Hood Scoop is in the trunk. So i can sell the 2007 STI one thats on the car.
    Previous Subarus:

Banned
    Be Warry

I Support ClubWRX
    WRXs have a pretty decently stiff clutch, and a fairly quick engaging clutch compared to most cars that I've driven. As long as you don't feel any shuddering, grinding, or slippage, then it's probably good. Besides the occasional idiot driver, most decent drivers get a ton of mileage out of their clutches.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I called and had them look into the warrenty.

Its a 2004 Subaru WRX with 34000 miles on it

They said it has a Power Train Warrenty left on the car, 60,000 miles or 3/29/2009. Does that sound right?

What does a Power Train Warrenty cover?
    Previous Subarus:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast