Hood Scoop Serious Question - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on Hood Scoop Serious Question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jpjester I PICKED IT UP THe car looked great, Tristans Stock Exhaust was thrown on there, to ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjester View Post
    I PICKED IT UP

THe car looked great, Tristans Stock Exhaust was thrown on there, to get me the warrenty. Looked alittle OLD and rusty but whatever, I am going to throw an aftermarket system on there shortly :P So they swapped out the nice aftermarket downpipe and TBE, and threw on the stock. They also didn't get the chance to reflash the ECU. So they say I need to stop by and have them redo it at somepoint. Right now its got an Accessport Cobb ECU setup lol. I am tempted to not bring it by, and see if they even remember or notice. Whats your thoughts? ONly downside is, i am running a stock exhaust and stock downpipe. Will that mess anything up?

So basically right now I have
    Invidia Up Pipe
    Accessport Cobb (Not sure what Stage, Tristan might be able to confirm)
    Stock Exhaust

Thoughts?
    would probably be best to get it retuned if you're running stock stuff. You should be able to get a stock map and do it yourself with the AP I believe? I don't have one so i'm probably wrong.

Oh yea. GRATS!!!! :-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I didn't get the accessport with the car. The guy who traded it in kept it. If I knew someone with an accessport who used it on their car, could they upload a map to it and then plug it into mine?
    Previous Subarus:
    2004 Subaru WRX, 18G Deadbolt Zilla setup w/ Supporting Mods
    2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback Stock!

I Support ClubWRX
    I didn't get the accessport with the car. The guy who traded it in kept it. If I knew someone with an accessport who used it on their car, could they upload a map to it and then plug it into mine?
    nope. You might wanna contact that bill guy to see if he wants to unmarry his accessport.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I PICKED IT UP

THe car looked great, Tristans Stock Exhaust was thrown on there, to get me the warrenty. Looked alittle OLD and rusty but whatever, I am going to throw an aftermarket system on there shortly :P So they swapped out the nice aftermarket downpipe and TBE, and threw on the stock. They also didn't get the chance to reflash the ECU. So they say I need to stop by and have them redo it at somepoint. Right now its got an Accessport Cobb ECU setup lol. I am tempted to not bring it by, and see if they even remember or notice. Whats your thoughts? ONly downside is, i am running a stock exhaust and stock downpipe. Will that mess anything up?

So basically right now I have
    Invidia Up Pipe
    Accessport Cobb (Not sure what Stage, Tristan might be able to confirm)
    Stock Exhaust

Thoughts?
    CONGRATS~

Invidia!

Sorry my exhaust is rusty, but it was sitting in my garage for about 1.5 years as my putter is an 03

My understanding from Bill is this car has the AP uninstalled as he is reselling it elseware as many WRX owners do when they sell the car so your ECU is at stock, as it should with the mods currently installed.

So right now your at:

Tristans WRX Stage 45,000 Linear Exhaust
    Stock Programming
    Invidia Uppipe
    and a fresh clean slate to make your WRX into what YOU want it to be now.

The flash they speak of I believe is for monitors (ie O2 sensors and such) so they may be read for emmisions purposes, so thats what i BELIEVE they are talking about, but believe me - you have no Cobb flash and you shouldn't!

(but i do sell them! hwahwahwahwa you are now indited to the Kings Army and will forever be in debt do to our low ball pricing...lol)

again congrats, drive the car and learn her. and have fun... i have to put a damn clutch in my car today but with a nice setup
    www.thekingofparts.com - AIM - thekingofparts - We can get you anything-Tristan - Stage VF34 powered 03 WRX, Jeremy - 06 Legacy pm us for special deals...

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfParts View Post
    CONGRATS~

Invidia!

Sorry my exhaust is rusty, but it was sitting in my garage for about 1.5 years as my putter is an 03

My understanding from Bill is this car has the AP uninstalled as he is reselling it elseware as many WRX owners do when they sell the car so your ECU is at stock, as it should with the mods currently installed.

So right now your at:

Tristans WRX Stage 45,000 Linear Exhaust
    Stock Programming
    Invidia Uppipe
    and a fresh clean slate to make your WRX into what YOU want it to be now.

The flash they speak of I believe is for monitors (ie O2 sensors and such) so they may be read for emmisions purposes, so thats what i BELIEVE they are talking about, but believe me - you have no Cobb flash and you shouldn't!

(but i do sell them! hwahwahwahwa you are now indited to the Kings Army and will forever be in debt do to our low ball pricing...lol)

again congrats, drive the car and learn her. and have fun... i have to put a damn clutch in my car today but with a nice setup
    1. No biggy about the exhaust being rusty, in a few weeks you will be hearing from me to order an aftermarket exhaust.

2. I am happy to hear the ECU is alright and running at a stock setup.

3. The dealership said it had to be reflashed or something due to the Drive Cycle. (Does that give any hints?) <- The tech working on my car is Scotty, not sure if you know him. He has the black NSX and use to have the White hatch back Civic. He has a twin brother that works somehwere in the FB empire.

4. Kings Army .............. Sounds Excellent

5. Sorry to hear about your clutch, thats just an excuse to do an aftermarket clutch setup lol

6. I have a few question about s ome MORE parts lol, I shot you an IM, check it and IM me back.
    Previous Subarus:

Banned
    We're all still waiting on pics of it when it's one color again! lol.

I plan to get it painted either next week or the following week. All depends on the weather. As i don't want to be removing the Hood Scoop, Front Pieces and my spoiler, and driving around with it raining. So when I get it completed I will have pics just for u
    Previous Subarus:

Banned
    I plan to get it painted either next week or the following week. All depends on the weather. As i don't want to be removing the Hood Scoop, Front Pieces and my spoiler, and driving around with it raining. So when I get it completed I will have pics just for u
    aww that's so sweet of you.

I can't wait to go home and hug my new sti hoodscoop. We both got some painting to get done!

Yeah we do. Some people have said the black doesn't look bad (the hood scoop and spoiler) others say it will look better silver. I am going to paint it silver to make the whole car run together. I want to look as stock as possible. I plan to build a sleeper hehe but i guess thats hard even owning a WRX
    Previous Subarus:

Banned
    Yeah we do. Some people have said the black doesn't look bad (the hood scoop and spoiler) others say it will look better silver. I am going to paint it silver to make the whole car run together. I want to look as stock as possible. I plan to build a sleeper hehe but i guess thats hard even owning a WRX
    well a stock WRX is still a pretty quick car. But i like the sleeper look too. I love my twin tips instead of a huge 3" pipe.

Although putting on an STI hoodscoop and spoiler kind of detracts from the simple look. Carbon fiber at that (i hope my thin yellow coat idea works!!!)

I'd go with solid though. The whole multi-colored thing is so honda, since they love showing off their ricer carbon fiber hoods.

If i can't get my carbon fiber scoop to look yellow enough while still showing the weave I'm just gonna paint it solid yellow to match. It's so exciting getting a new WRX though. Hope you love it!

I love it already!
    Previous Subarus:

hey poster; willing to trade

i have a silver 2004 wrx and i want an sti spoiler and i dont mind if its black. i have a stock wrx spoiler. call or text me at 919 698 8112.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Three words of advice:

1. This thread is three and some years old. There is no need to revive such an old thread. PM the OP if it's necessary.
    2. The OP does not even have the part for what you are asking (see third post)
    3. I really would avoid posting your phone number on a public site.

My suggestion, post your WTB/FT in the classifieds section or head over to NASIOC. Good luck with your search.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.