Hood Scoop Serious Question - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hood Scoop Serious Question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jpjester Inside the Wheel well of a Subie there are black plastic looking screw things, (Great discription ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjester View Post
    Inside the Wheel well of a Subie there are black plastic looking screw things, (Great discription I know), They keep the wheel well in place, what are they called, anyone know?
    ERr there's a lot of black plastic push pin type clips that hold various pieces on to various other pieces. Might be one of those. Some of them have a screw that you turn and it pops up, some of them you just gotta pry. They hold the splash guard in on some spots, hold down fabric in other spots, etc...

Is that waht you mean?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Inside the Wheel well of a Subie there are black plastic looking screw things, (Great discription I know), They keep the wheel well in place, what are they called, anyone know?
    Are some of them broken? I think fastwrx.com sells them.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

That diagram is a WRX staple.
    gJb Hawk-Eye Alliance #002

Mets
    Giants
    Rangers

I just talked to Tristan on the Phone, He's the Man! He actually knows the guy who owned the car before me, his name is Bill. Anyhow, the thing has an Up-Pipe already on it, Plus Accessport, Downpipe and Up - Pipe. The dealer is removing the Downpipe and Exhaust and replacing it with Stock, along with reflashing the ECU. (So I can get the warrenty). I am happy to hear a ClubWrx member owned this car before me, its alittle more reassuring + the fact it has an Up-Pipe already. Tristan is hooking me up with the Badages, Splash Guard Plastic Screw, and an SPT Short Ram Intake. He also talked to me about the car, since they did everything there at Fred Beans Subaru. He said that Bill bought the Hood Scoop like a few weeks back. Oh well, I am happy.
    Previous Subarus:
    2004 Subaru WRX, 18G Deadbolt Zilla setup w/ Supporting Mods
    2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback Stock!

Banned

Thumbs up

I just talked to Tristan on the Phone, He's the Man! He actually knows the guy who owned the car before me, his name is Bill. Anyhow, the thing has an Up-Pipe already on it, Plus Accessport, Downpipe and Up - Pipe. The dealer is removing the Downpipe and Exhaust and replacing it with Stock, along with reflashing the ECU. (So I can get the warrenty). I am happy to hear a ClubWrx member owned this car before me, its alittle more reassuring + the fact it has an Up-Pipe already. Tristan is hooking me up with the Badages, Splash Guard Plastic Screw, and an SPT Short Ram Intake. He also talked to me about the car, since they did everything there at Fred Beans Subaru. He said that Bill bought the Hood Scoop like a few weeks back. Oh well, I am happy.

Here is a picture that Tristian sent me, of the car itself. Because he knows the guy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bill.jpg  
    Previous Subarus:

Well ... here is an update:
    The dealership didn't get the exhaust and downpipe in time on Tuesday. So I had to wait through the Holiday, and "apparently" it will be completed today and I can pick it up this evening. It's like torture I swear, I was all excited to pick up my car Monday, it didnt happen, i was cool with it. Then Tuesday I was like, "Today's the day" and BAM i get knocked down. I really hope things pull through today I really want my Subie. Anyhow I'd like to thank Tristan( King of Parts) from Fred Beans Subaru in Doylestown. For hooking me up, and being the ONLY person who knows how to do their job, during this mess.

I HOPE to get my Subie tonight and start moding her with the help of our one and only King of Parts
    Previous Subarus:

double post
    Last edited by KingOfParts; 07-05-2007 at 06:23 AM. Reason: double post
    www.thekingofparts.com - AIM - thekingofparts - We can get you anything-Tristan - Stage VF34 powered 03 WRX, Jeremy - 06 Legacy pm us for special deals...

Banned
    The suspense must be kiiiiiiiling you!!!!

Few more hours haha!! Almost there!!

yuppers - that was Bills car allright, very suprised he traded it in, he was just in looking for a VF34 on that particular car.

sorry you didnt get to see the car on Tuesday - Im at Subaru so i cant really see whats going on a Nissan. In their defense though - Jon (my buddy who supplied the downpipe) didnt get it here till after lunch time and on a shop with turnkey hours i admit they might of had a schduling problem ---- but the good news is THEY SHOULD PUT IT ON TODAY !!!

badges and push pins sitting on the shelf with your name on it when your ready bro -- good luck
    www.thekingofparts.com - AIM - thekingofparts - We can get you anything-Tristan - Stage VF34 powered 03 WRX, Jeremy - 06 Legacy pm us for special deals...

the whole black and silver thing
    silly peguin. pointless wings are for ricers!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy silver View Post
    heard there is an ecu out thats like the hondata but for subbys.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfParts View Post
    yuppers - that was Bills car allright, very suprised he traded it in, he was just in looking for a VF34 on that particular car.

sorry you didnt get to see the car on Tuesday - Im at Subaru so i cant really see whats going on a Nissan. In their defense though - Jon (my buddy who supplied the downpipe) didnt get it here till after lunch time and on a shop with turnkey hours i admit they might of had a schduling problem ---- but the good news is THEY SHOULD PUT IT ON TODAY !!!

badges and push pins sitting on the shelf with your name on it when your ready bro -- good luck

I would rather have them spend the day doing things RIGHT, then if they rushed it on Tuesday an hour before they closed for a Holiday. So I am dealing. And YES, the suspense is killing me Tristan I appreciate everything you have done for me so far, and if you have the e-mail address or website of your buddy Jon, let me know it. I'd like to send a Thank You his way. As for the badages and push pins, it looks like Monday is going to be the day. Sorry for the delay, things have just been really hectic. Oh Tristan, have you heard from Bill about if he has the stock hood scoop and what aftermarket company the up-pipe is?

About the Silver and Black, I am going to be taking care of that
    Previous Subarus:

I would rather have them spend the day doing things RIGHT, then if they rushed it on Tuesday an hour before they closed for a Holiday. So I am dealing. And YES, the suspense is killing me Tristan I appreciate everything you have done for me so far, and if you have the e-mail address or website of your buddy Jon, let me know it. I'd like to send a Thank You his way. As for the badages and push pins, it looks like Monday is going to be the day. Sorry for the delay, things have just been really hectic. Oh Tristan, have you heard from Bill about if he has the stock hood scoop and what aftermarket company the up-pipe is?

About the Silver and Black, I am going to be taking care of that

woopoohoooooo almost done, you can cut the tension with a knife around here

Invidia -- is the uppipe....

hood scoop = no answer...

we will see ya on Monday

Where is Invidia on the aftermarket quality scale?

Whats the Stages again?
    Stage 1 = ?
    Stage 2 = ?
    Previous Subarus:

I PICKED IT UP

THe car looked great, Tristans Stock Exhaust was thrown on there, to get me the warrenty. Looked alittle OLD and rusty but whatever, I am going to throw an aftermarket system on there shortly :P So they swapped out the nice aftermarket downpipe and TBE, and threw on the stock. They also didn't get the chance to reflash the ECU. So they say I need to stop by and have them redo it at somepoint. Right now its got an Accessport Cobb ECU setup lol. I am tempted to not bring it by, and see if they even remember or notice. Whats your thoughts? ONly downside is, i am running a stock exhaust and stock downpipe. Will that mess anything up?

So basically right now I have
    Invidia Up Pipe
    Accessport Cobb (Not sure what Stage, Tristan might be able to confirm)
    Stock Exhaust

Thoughts?
    Previous Subarus:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast