New Owner of 02 WRX.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Owner of 02 WRX. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; HI ALL. i just bought a 02 wrx. It's been a dream car of mine for some time now. And ...

New Owner of 02 WRX.

HI ALL. i just bought a 02 wrx.

It's been a dream car of mine for some time now. And i literally drove that thing ALL night last night. I come from NA FC3s S4 GXL, so the rex is AMazing. I'm not saying rx7s are bad cars. I had plenty of fun driving that rotary, but that thing gave me too much headache. Breaking down once every week was too much for me to handle.. And I don't know anything about inside of a car. the REX is only my second car and i have no knowledge in mechanics.

Anyways, it's a BLAST to drive this thing and i hope i get to know more about mechanics of a car better with this bad boy.

PS. could you guys point out what are modified and what are stock once i post underthehood picture? because i got mine at the dealership and the dealer has no clue what are in the car. he was just selling it. I checked the car with a mechanic before i bought it and he said only clutch and brake calipers need replacement. I think i saw CAI under the hood but then again i don't know anything about cars so i'm not sure. I know that CAI and BOV and MBC are terrible mods for WRX (from reading posts) and if my car has any of them installed, i wanna take them off.

So far the mods on the car as far as i can tell are, MOMO steering wheel, Turbo timer, and XT short shifter(maybe, it says XT on the knob).

I'll post pics later. Thanks guys for reading.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Does it make ppsssshhh noises

Welcome to the club. Same boat as you bro, been wanting my bug eye since they came on the market. Finally got mine a couple of months ago. BUG EYE LIKE WHAAA!!

The Momo steering wheel came with the 02's, I'm not sure about the 03.

Best advice to give you is read, read, and read some more.

Hope to see some pictures soon!! Congrats.

Pictures or ban.
    Last edited by Thug Nasty; 06-29-2007 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Oh yea, congradulations.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

hmm

it only makes pssh sound when i'm redline shifting. and also i don't know how BOV sound EXACTLY. I could be hearing some other sounds i dunno. All i can tell is that it doesn't sound like BOV that i've heard from other cars i've seen.

It's rather deeper *pushhhh* sound than high pitched *PSshh* BOV sound that i'm used to.

is it a BOV??

Thug Nasty// i am working right now. so i can't take pics yet..

It could be the CAI your hearing, but different BOV's make different sounds, you might have a dual stage BOV. A picture of your engine would help with this.

Congrats and welcome to the club!
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.