hi.. looking at wrx 2moro need advice
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on hi.. looking at wrx 2moro need advice within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i have never owned a wrx had a dsm( turbo eclipse) .. but i have a passion for them from ...

hi.. looking at wrx 2moro need advice

i have never owned a wrx had a dsm( turbo eclipse) .. but i have a passion for them from the day they won the safari rally in 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and 5 th position... ive always wanted to own one .. and well i saw a post here in houston for a 2002 wrx which has 90k miles on it ,,,,has minor mods which i am going to list here and i wanted advice what to look for to see if it has any problems ... pls help as i do not want one with tranny issues... i do not to plan the car heavily as it will be my daily driver....thanks guys .. heres the mods lemme know if you see somethign wierd...
    catless uppipe
    HKS downpipe
    5Zigen catback exhaust
    Samco intercooler hose
    ADR 17" rims (215/45/17 tires)
    Tein drop springs
    Whiteline rear sway bar
    Whiteline rear strut bar
    short throw shifter
    Blaupunkt radio (wired for sub)
    HKS turbo timer
    subaru carbon fiber interior trim
    dealer installed boost gauge
    painted fog lamp covers
    Greddy front lip (painted, not installed)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sorry didnt realize it was in the wrong place..... could a mod pls move it to the appropriate section ... thanks

Banned
    Turbo timer is no good.

The fact that it is that heavily moded is no good for your tranny expectations.

The tranny is probably ready to die if it hasn't already.

I don't see any engine managent- I would ask If he has one with the car.

90000 probably needs lots of service.

Other than that it sounds decent.

My advice is wait it out to find one with no mods if posible

How much is he asking, he doesnt have a manual boost controller, or a cold air intake or a BOV so he has kind of an idea about the car.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    Turbo timer is no good.

The fact that it is that heavily moded is no good for your tranny expectations.

The tranny is probably ready to die if it hasn't already.

I don't see any engine managent- I would ask If he has one with the car.

90000 probably needs lots of service.

Other than that it sounds decent.

My advice is wait it out to find one with no mods if posible
    well what are the heavy mods that you speak of .. you have to realize i come from a dsm world ....big mods were to me bigger turbo, injectors , fmic, nitrous , wiseco pistons and so on... sorry for noob questions...... thanks

how much does he want for it because chances are you will need a new tranny if he hasn't put one in it already
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Honestly dude, my suggestion to you is find an 02-03 not modded, because you can probably find one cheaper. Or go for the 04-05 look if you like that front style better, because the 04-05's have a lot more upgrades from the factory, Subaru makes improvements to the car every year that goes up.
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

he is asking 9k but i think i can bring him down to maybe 8 ..... do you think this is not a good price ... p.s where the hell are the classified section for houston ...

Quote Originally Posted by GSTSPYDER View Post
    he is asking 9k but i think i can bring him down to maybe 8 ..... do you think this is not a good price ... p.s where the hell are the classified section for houston ...

Thats a good price. But I would look for another one man. God knows how hard he beat on it.
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    Thats a good price. But I would look for another one man. God knows how hard he beat on it.
    so what in this car is modded that gives it substantially more power than regular wrx.. coz i thought those were minor mods...

so what in this car is modded that gives it substantially more power than regular wrx.. coz i thought those were minor mods...
    Turboback is good for about 25 HPs. Other than that, he isnt heavily modded, those are just basic mods. Short throw shifter etc etc. I mean you risk buying a beater with any car that is modded because you dont know if the guy treated it like it was a race car, shifting hard and all that other crazy stuff you damn kids do these days while you listen to your music television.
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

most WRX owners go for what we call stage 2 until we go crazy and turbo swap.. stage 2 is just a full turbo back exhaust with a tune.. so it is modded to the extent most WRXs are ever done
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

am considering selling my Subaru. I bought it new in Nov 2001. The carfax is clean. It was garaged most of it's life and I am a nonsmoker. Currently has around 91k miles. Has some upgrades and has always been very well taken care of mechanically. I just completed the 90k major service. Has some parking lot damage on the exterior (see left rear door) and the windshield is cracked. It's a very reliable car that's a lot of fun to drive. Price is negotiable.

this is what the seller has posted ...

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    most WRX owners go for what we call stage 2 until we go crazy and turbo swap.. stage 2 is just a full turbo back exhaust with a tune.. so it is modded to the extent most WRXs are ever done

Without Engine Management, i'm sure.
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

am considering selling my Subaru. I bought it new in Nov 2001. The carfax is clean. It was garaged most of it's life and I am a nonsmoker. Currently has around 91k miles. Has some upgrades and has always been very well taken care of mechanically. I just completed the 90k major service. Has some parking lot damage on the exterior (see left rear door) and the windshield is cracked. It's a very reliable car that's a lot of fun to drive. Price is negotiable.

this is what the seller has posted ...
    hmm, i dont know man, its your call when you see it, we cant be there with you. But my suggestion is buy one that is mostly stock. And the newer the better
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.