hi.. looking at wrx 2moro need advice - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on hi.. looking at wrx 2moro need advice within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; okay ... well im going to go check it out to just get a feel of the car.... is there ...

okay ... well im going to go check it out to just get a feel of the car.... is there anything i can look at or feel when i am driving the car that will indicate issues with the car.. like the awd eclipse when u make a hard left turn and the clutch goes in it means crankwalk...or when blue smoke comes out mean turbo on its way out.....also what rpm does the boost kick in hard which i can look for leaks or late pressure build up in pipes... thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GSTSPYDER View Post
    okay ... well im going to go check it out to just get a feel of the car.... is there anything i can look at or feel when i am driving the car that will indicate issues with the car.. like the awd eclipse when u make a hard left turn and the clutch goes in it means crankwalk...or when blue smoke comes out mean turbo on its way out.....also what rpm does the boost kick in hard which i can look for leaks or late pressure build up in pipes... thanks
    I dont know much about the mechanics aspect, you may want to wait for someone with a good response who knows his stuff. I know in a stock WRX you dont hit peak boost until 3rd gear.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

exactly why i bought brand new
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    exactly why i bought brand new
    now everybody is as luck as you are sir......lol ..

now everybody is as luck as you are sir......lol ..
    haha thats true. not everyone can afford new - but if you can, its worth it knowing nobody's beat on my baby...cept me is a good feeling haha
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

any other advice guys.... my fear of a bad tranny is almost making me chicken out buying a wrx ....... i thought subaru;s are quality cars wonder why they put a weak tranny ... im goin to search it ..

Tranny's arent that weak in these cars man, yeah there are some lemons, just like anything else, but these tranny's aren't gonna **** the bed with normal driving and spirited driving. The newer the model year the better i believe. But as long as you don't hulk smash your shifts and upgrade the power without upgrading the tranny it should last a while.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

any other advice guys.... my fear of a bad tranny is almost making me chicken out buying a wrx ....... i thought subaru;s are quality cars wonder why they put a weak tranny ... im goin to search it ..
    they didnt install weak tranny's..the transmission's in these cars are built perfect for the car when it was made,but they are only made for 300hp...it was subaru's way of making a wrx that was affordable..if you want to buy a car to mod it out buy a sti..or expect to install a 6 spd in it..if your leaving the car stock you can have a ball with it and if you know and i mean really know how to use a 5 spd you can hammer on it with no problems..Dennis Harrop races his beats the snot out of it and had a factory trans for years.has 90k on his..google his name youll see pics of him beatting it and hasnt once had a trans issue other then a clutch install..he even has some slight mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.