46. You may not vote on this poll

8 17.39%

9 19.57%

6 13.04%

8 17.39%
  • 2006+

15 32.61%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Looking to buy...what year? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Sinister The cost difference between the TR and the WRX is not worth it. Just get the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    The cost difference between the TR and the WRX is not worth it. Just get the WRX. The conveniences of the WRX are worth the extra couple dollars every month on your car payment.
    I can't believe how much I disagree. Maybe it's the sports car purist in me, but I'm such a luxury hater... I would happily get rid of half the features my '02 has...

Gimme roll up windows, manual everything, and save me the money and weight.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by devilfluff View Post
    I can't believe how much I disagree. Maybe it's the sports car purist in me, but I'm such a luxury hater... I would happily get rid of half the features my '02 has...

Gimme roll up windows, manual everything, and save me the money and weight.
    weight is so negligible now though on all that stuff. The motors are smaller, the electronic chips that control it (as opposed to solenoids of old) are so light it doesn't matter.

Now when we get into the extras like ass warmers and moon roofs... I fully agree w/ you. But I don't wanna have to reach across my seat to roll the window down while driving.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    weight is so negligible now though on all that stuff. The motors are smaller, the electronic chips that control it (as opposed to solenoids of old) are so light it doesn't matter.

Now when we get into the extras like ass warmers and moon roofs... I fully agree w/ you. But I don't wanna have to reach across my seat to roll the window down while driving.
    +2....I bought my car to be a street car and all those things add to the enjoyment of it.

To be honest I'd settle for a bit more sound deadning, a trunk release remote option, a nav system, and a sunroof on my STI.

My FFR build wont have any of that garbage through. Different cars, different jobs, different beasts.

I'd personally pick up a wrx over a TR because the extra 10-20 bucks a month on the payment are well worth the "add" ons unless you are looking to build an all out stripped down race car.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    +2....I bought my car to be a street car and all those things add to the enjoyment of it.

To be honest I'd settle for a bit more sound deadning, a trunk release remote option, a nav system, and a sunroof on my STI.

My FFR build wont have any of that garbage through. Different cars, different jobs, different beasts.

I'd personally pick up a wrx over a TR because the extra 10-20 bucks a month on the payment are well worth the "add" ons unless you are looking to build an all out stripped down race car.
    The sound deadening would be wonderful. Nav system is gonna be the Avic Z1 for me... I'm stoked. It has 7 gauges, and a G-sensor for acceleration and sideways g forces.. it'll be a fun little nav system. (30 gb hard drive... 10gb for music. It'll be vonderbar)
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123