07 WRX 5 Spd Limits???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 07 WRX 5 Spd Limits??? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I'm thinking about a downpipe+my spt catback+intake+AP2.0 Cobb says thats good for around 280 hp on 93ish octane. ...

07 WRX 5 Spd Limits???

Hey guys, I'm thinking about a downpipe+my spt catback+intake+AP2.0

Cobb says thats good for around 280 hp on 93ish octane. Will this grenade my 3rd gear? it seems like they need to recall trannies for the stock 5 spd, but i don't want to blow it up and have these mods. let me know!
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey man I have an 07 Satin Pearl White TR also with TBE, Huge TMIC, and AP V.2 and you won't regret it. If you are worried about your warranty I have heard that if you flash it back to stock Subaru dealers can't tell. So just keep your stock parts and plan on an uninstall day if you blow it up. Someone please correct me if im wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by New-WRX View Post
    Hey man I have an 07 Satin Pearl White TR also with TBE, Huge TMIC, and AP V.2 and you won't regret it. If you are worried about your warranty I have heard that if you flash it back to stock Subaru dealers can't tell. So just keep your stock parts and plan on an uninstall day if you blow it up. Someone please correct me if im wrong.
    There is talk on this site that subaru has a way of telling, so i don't know, but i have been stage 2 for a year and a half, i love it still
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

yeah i'm thinkin about just getting an STI tranny and being worry-free in a couple years...but you need to get new front, center, and rear diffs as well too, right?

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    There is talk on this site that subaru has a way of telling, so i don't know, but i have been stage 2 for a year and a half, i love it still
    damn. md, we always comment the same threads, even if i did start this one :P anyways, this has become the official SWP wrx thread haha

Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    yeah i'm thinkin about just getting an STI tranny and being worry-free in a couple years...but you need to get new front, center, and rear diffs as well too, right?
    Don't worry about the STI tranny, worst case if a gear goes out go PPG

damn. md, we always comment the same threads, even if i did start this one :P anyways, this has become the official SWP wrx thread haha
    SWP FTW?

well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Don't worry about the STI tranny, worst case if a gear goes out go PPG

SWP FTW?
    swp is teh fasTaR! clearly, SWP WRX's were produced with 300+ hp from the factory. Subaru said omg swp needs to sell. and so we got stis for the price of a rex

swp is teh fasTaR! clearly, SWP WRX's were produced with 300+ hp from the factory. Subaru said omg swp needs to sell. and so we got stis for the price of a rex
    Nope i got mine for the price of a TR... since it is a TR

I Support ClubWRX

Subaru has denied warranty claims for abuse. If you shear off all the teeth from the gear they more then likely wont cover doesnt matter if you have mods or not.

Not to mention if they really wanted to dig deep they could tell if the ecu was flashed.

And finally the more ethical approach. Subaru didnt build the gear box to withstand 100-150+ wheel torque. If it does break due to your mods then that should be on you. Have you to pay to play. Trying to scam warranty coverage is why people in stock cars have such a hard time getting things covered.

And as for the OP it's really a gamble it seems like. You cant say "dont launch" and it'll be okay because the 06+'s are losing 3rd gear. Which obviously doesnt have a ton to do with launching. If money for a replacement tranny is worked into the budget the safest bet is to leave it stock for a bit or just go stage 1.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Subaru has denied warranty claims for abuse. If you shear off all the teeth from the gear they more then likely wont cover doesnt matter if you have mods or not.

Not to mention if they really wanted to dig deep they could tell if the ecu was flashed.

And finally the more ethical approach. Subaru didnt build the gear box to withstand 100-150+ wheel torque. If it does break due to your mods then that should be on you. Have you to pay to play. Trying to scam warranty coverage is why people in stock cars have such a hard time getting things covered.

And as for the OP it's really a gamble it seems like. You cant say "dont launch" and it'll be okay because the 06+'s are losing 3rd gear. Which obviously doesnt have a ton to do with launching. If money for a replacement tranny is worked into the budget the safest bet is to leave it stock for a bit or just go stage 1.
    I definitely don't want to screw over innocent stock wrx owners; well you weren't directing that one toward me anyways, but yes, there are lots of modders who are losing third gear, but reading on nasty sock, there are also some stockers that are losing it as well.

HOWEVER; if the case of losing third gear was a factory problem, than subie would have made a recall starting in 02.

So i guess my question now is: should i just leave out the downpipe, keep what i have, get an AP and tune for stage 1? that will give me a lot of horse and probably save my tranny a little.

So in order to get the STI tranny, you can order one from Gruppe-S without the DCCD. I could keep my stock diffs with that one?

Nope i got mine for the price of a TR... since it is a TR
    ok, so clearly your tr is an sti with black side mirrors, crappy audio system, and straight sideskirts. but your wrx is teh sti because it has no fogzzz hahahaha

ok, so clearly your tr is an sti with black side mirrors, crappy audio system, and straight sideskirts. but your wrx is teh sti because it has no fogzzz hahahaha
    Duh

About going stage 2, like i said i have been stage 2 for a year and a half, just drive the car with some restrain, i don't slam gears (good way to lose 3rd) i do launch some times though

Duh

About going stage 2, like i said i have been stage 2 for a year and a half, just drive the car with some restrain, i don't slam gears (good way to lose 3rd) i do launch some times though
    now what exactly does everyone mean about slamming third? I mean i drive pretty spirited like (i drive kinda hard...almost said spiritually hahaha) but i dont slam into any gears. When i'm driving, i will take it to say 5500 in 1st and then just pull it into second, i dont pull the shifter hard, just enough so it goes in. same with 3rd etc.

now what exactly does everyone mean about slamming third? I mean i drive pretty spirited like (i drive kinda hard...almost said spiritually hahaha) but i dont slam into any gears. When i'm driving, i will take it to say 5500 in 1st and then just pull it into second, i dont pull the shifter hard, just enough so it goes in. same with 3rd etc.
    Thats how i drive and all has been well (knocks on wood)

I Support ClubWRX
    The diffs will come with the tranny. I recall something about you can use your stock rear end and you dont have to go with a r180 but you need to look into that. There is a guy on here who just put a six speed in his 06 wagon. Should be very simular experiance for you. He SN starts with AZ but I cant think of the rest.

With the STI six speed you'll gain a front LSD which is HUGE for handling and snow. Wiring in the DCCD is a pain but there are other options.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast