About time.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on About time. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey folks! I guess I should formally introduce myself. Been browsin' around, contributing and of course, stirrin' things up a ...

Talking About time.

Hey folks! I guess I should formally introduce myself. Been browsin' around, contributing and of course, stirrin' things up a bit in the past couple of weeks. New to this forum but I have been apart of the Subaru communities for almost 3 years now. I live in Southern California and worked for Garage Tuning for about 8 months where I did pretty much everything you could imagine to a Subaru (ie. - Swapped a Forester XT motor into a '95 Legacy GT Wagon). I definately know most of the mechanical issues, I've rebuilt motors (Thank God for diagrams), I'm just not experienced with wiring, but once I get my project going in a little bit, I will need to learn. Fun stuff!

Enough about me, here is what I drive: 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Car as it looks now:

Car as it looked when I bought it:

So, not too many changes. Here are a few of the things I've done:

-H&R Sport
    -KYB AGX
    -Whiteline Rear Adjustable Swaybar (22-24)
    -Whiteline Front Swaybar (21mm)
    -Whiteline Solid Endlinks (F&R)
    -Cusco-esk Front Strut Tower Bar (JDM Land Freebie)
    -Custom SARD SS Brakelines
    -Wilwood 570 Brake Fluid
    -Endless pads
    -DBA Gold Drilled & Slotted Rotars
    -Borla Headers
    -Stromung 2.5" Dual Tip Axleback
    -Alpine Deck, Mono AMP, Quad-Channel AMP, 12" Kicker CompVR Sub, Infinity Reference 6.5" Speakers all around
    -Had 35% Tint up front and 25% on the rear however I had to remove the front tint due to a fix-it ticket.
    -Wingless until I have my 22B Sport Reprica wing painted to match.

So, all in all I have made most of my improvements to my suspension and braking. Getting the car somewhat set-up for AutoXing this summer and then eventually a built 2.0L Turbo motor. Anyways, thanks for reading!

Cheers,
    -Brian
    "A man that buys a Corvette has a mid-life crisis, but a man that buys a Lambourghini has NO crisis." -Rev Run

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

Welcome
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Thanks!
    "A man that buys a Corvette has a mid-life crisis, but a man that buys a Lambourghini has NO crisis." -Rev Run

welcome, thats a nice car you got
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Welcome, that's a nice looking Impreza. I love the older style in 2-door. I only wish they still offered the coupe. The black/black scheme looks great.

Thanks guys. It looks like I may have to push-up my plans for a new motor, which sucks because it's not really in the budget. But burning 4 quarts of oil in a little less than 1 month doesn't make me feel good about myself (This is what happens when an 17 year old owns the car prior to you, who doesn't know how to drive and completely screws up the car). But yay for more power! Oh and so you know, I know I can just fix the seals, but if I'm going to pull my motor I might as well just put a newer more powerful BUILT motor in it's place.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.