high pitched sound
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on high pitched sound within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I am new to the site and this is my first post!! First of all I love WRX's ...

high pitched sound

Hey guys,

I am new to the site and this is my first post!!

First of all I love WRX's and would give anything for one!!

My post is about a certain sound i have heard from some WRX's I have seen...when they are at a cruising pace and not really accelerating there is sort of like a high pitched sound....it gets higher as they accelerate more....at first I thought it was the turbo but im not quite sure...anyone else know what im talking about that can help out???

cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by StraxWRX View Post
    Hey guys,

I am new to the site and this is my first post!!

First of all I love WRX's and would give anything for one!!

My post is about a certain sound i have heard from some WRX's I have seen...when they are at a cruising pace and not really accelerating there is sort of like a high pitched sound....it gets higher as they accelerate more....at first I thought it was the turbo but im not quite sure...anyone else know what im talking about that can help out???

cheers
    Gear whine maybe?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    i'd say it's the turbo, when you run an after market exhaust and or a cold air intake you hear the turbo soooo much more. more so from the intake than the exhaust.
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

I have the same concern on my 04' WRX. at crying speed on the high way most the time and when accelerating. The snorkel intake is removed with just the box and hole near the fender.

Could this be a Boost Leak? or is the turbo whine just pretty damn loud?

Thanks

It is definitly the turbocharger, and if anybody doesn't like that sound they must be a canine, because to me theres no prouder feeling then to drive a boosted car.

It's like this - oh cool your 5.9L V8 has 300 HP? Awesome, so does my 2.5L 4 cylinder.
    5-23-07 06' WRB STi

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.