go 02 wrx w/out payments or strech for STI?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on go 02 wrx w/out payments or strech for STI? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi. so I need some input... I could go pick a 02 wrx right now and have no car payments ...

go 02 wrx w/out payments or strech for STI?

Hi. so I need some input... I could go pick a 02 wrx right now and have no car payments or... I could get a $10k loan for a 04 STI. I like having no car payments, and I know a guy selling an STI shortblock for cheap, so getting the 02 sounds tempting. Then theres the STI, requires no swapping, is newer and nicer, but the debt thing kind of turns me away. I am thinking about this so hard my head hurts. helpmepleaseokthnxbye

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i would just pick up the STi

I Support ClubWRX
    Sti
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    If you can afford it get the STI...if it's even questionable that it might stretch you thin money wise get the wrx if it's in good shape.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I'd rather have no car payments, but thats just me.
    84' Nissan Pick-up *daily beater*
    06' Wrx TR *new ride*
    07' CBR 600

No car payment FTW! I had that decision i choose wrx, Then spend money that you are saving on what ever you want.

Get the 02, and drop in an sti block and tranny. then you'll have a USDM 02 sti!! Thats my plan, but then again. I love the bugeye look.

The swap is about $10,000 in hardware. Block, trany, brakes, and wheels.

STi. No assembly required...
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

depends on how far the STi payment will stretch you

If you can afford the STI get it. I wish I would have waited and just got the STI instead of the WRX.
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

I Support ClubWRX
    No payments > *

Comfort > Stretch
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

if you're gonna mod/ race the WRX, just get the STi. if you love the bugeye, then get the newest STi you can afford, then swap the bugeye front end.

Having done the "swapped bugeye" thing, I would say stretch for the STi. If you think you're "just" going to swap in the Sti stuff to a cheap WRX, you are probably mistaken. It'll cost anywhere from 10-25k to do a good job completely overhauling an 02/03 and that doesn't account for all the time your car is "down" because it's in the shop being worked on. You're much better off with a BPU STi than a majorly overhauled WRX.

im in the same boat as you. i only have $3500 left till i pay off my 04 wrx (paid off in 2yrs on a 4yr loan ) and was trying to decided whether or not to just enjoy no car payment and gradually upgrade everything to stage 3 OR just sell it immediatly after i pay it off and get an 06 STI. I decided on the STI mainly because of the bullet-poof 6-speed tranny. it dosent hurt that its has a better diff and stronger engine internals either plus my payment would be about the same so why not, right? only live once and owning an sti is like #3 on life goals list. with all this deliberation i thought about the possibility of getting a house too, but my mom was like "you cant have everything", so i made my choice...
    My Myspace
    Wingl3ss @lliance #6

MODS:VF39 Turbo, 650cc DW injectors, SSAC FMIC, Cobb Short Ram Intake, GFB StealthFX Hybrid, NGK One-Step-Colder Plugs, Walbro Fuel Pump, Perrin Up-pipe, TurboXS 3" TBE Catless, Blitz SBC-id 3, Protune by Mead Engineering.

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking I will go for the loan, and see at the bank how much the payments will be and insurance for an STI. I dont have insurance right now because it isn't mandatory in wisconsin. If I don't like how much the payments will be, I can just find a nice bugeye. I'm thinking I will not do the swap after all if I get the bugeye. I've seen/done swaps before and honestly, they don't turn out to be so great. Thanks for being so friendly too. I used to have a MkIV GTI and people on the vortex can be brutal. And i have been a subaru fan since the playstation game NFS rally came on playstation like 10 years ago plus eveybody seems helpful here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast