go 02 wrx w/out payments or strech for STI? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on go 02 wrx w/out payments or strech for STI? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by MindzeyeWRX02 Get the 02, and drop in an sti block, tranny, heads, turbo, intake, ecu, rear, axles, ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MindzeyeWRX02 View Post
    Get the 02, and drop in an sti block, tranny, heads, turbo, intake, ecu, rear, axles, driveshaft, suspension, brakes, wheels, and interior. Then you'll have a USDM 02 sti!! Thats my plan, but then again. I love the bugeye look.
    fixed

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    fixed
    Thanks should have been more specific.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX View Post
    if you're gonna mod/ race the WRX, just get the STi. if you love the bugeye, then get the newest STi you can afford, then swap the bugeye front end.
    Oh wow. I never thought of that. That would be the better alternative. How much would it be for a front end conversion? if anyone knows. Time for more research.

Hmmmm. I might have to trade in my 02wrx, and 93 impreza l for an 04 STi.

DISREGARD my first statement. go with the STi.

you dont quite understand... nothing wrong with swaps done correctly except for the high cost. subaru swaps are simple cuz everything is the same.

the problem with a WRX is if you race or heavily mod it, you are gonna have problems... i lost my tranny, then my engine.

I would have went for the STI but INSURANCE payments would be more then the car payments. Even with a prefect record, I have mine just about paid off but im going to keep it since i just got it

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSilver View Post
    I would have went for the STI but INSURANCE payments would be more then the car payments. Even with a prefect record, I have mine just about paid off but im going to keep it since i just got it
    youngin.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    youngin.
    Almost 20 and bought my car 1 week ago and its almost paid off

I used to be a honda *****

STi all the way. Payments on a 10k loan can't be that much.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Quote Originally Posted by jmp2006 View Post
    STi all the way. Payments on a 10k loan can't be that much.
    +1!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX View Post
    you dont quite understand... nothing wrong with swaps done correctly except for the high cost. subaru swaps are simple cuz everything is the same.

the problem with a WRX is if you race or heavily mod it, you are gonna have problems... i lost my tranny, then my engine.
    I know that if its done correctly it can happen. But I think i would rather do a front end conversion on a 04 STi to make it a bug eye, since i do want to mod heavily. It is possible... yes??

I know that if its done correctly it can happen. But I think i would rather do a front end conversion on a 04 STi to make it a bug eye, since i do want to mod heavily. It is possible... yes??
    Definately, and worth doing if you get quality parts that match the paint perfectly. Biggest drawback is making sure the new front-end stuff is nice and not beaten to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    Definately, and worth doing if you get quality parts that match the paint perfectly. Biggest drawback is making sure the new front-end stuff is nice and not beaten to hell.
    But i would think that even with buying new parts for the front end and having it painted to match the body would be less expensive then doing an sti swap...

Is this something fairly easy and i can convert it myself? or is this something that should be done by professionals?

LOL. you guys caught my interest with that one. I was thinking i would have to pay around 20k for a bug eye STi.

LOL. got to excited and went searching while i'm at work.

Searched nasioc with the term "STi, bugeye front end conversion"
    A lot of good finds i'll have to go through tonight.

Here is an 04STi with a bugeye front. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ght=sti+bugeye

I'll have to read if someone has done this on an 06. but it looks like it can be done.

It's definately possible, couple of things will give it away that it's not an 02. If it's an 05 or later the interior will be totally different (as will an 04 actually now that I think about it) and there will be that rolled edge above the rear wheel well that wasn't present before '05.

That being said, yes, this is something you can do at home, my "warning" was just to make sure you don't buy used body panels only to find that they're faded so the color isn't close to matching or that they have rock chips and dents and now you're forced to remove good STi body panels and replace them with "less than" 02/03 body panels. That was all, obviously if you're getting them paint matched/refinished this is of no consequence. Best of luck dude, it really does end up a very nice finished product and you'll totally shock people when you pop the hood.

~Tim

STd FTW!
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

LOL. got to excited and went searching while i'm at work.

Searched nasioc with the term "STi, bugeye front end conversion"
    A lot of good finds i'll have to go through tonight.

Here is an 04STi with a bugeye front. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ght=sti+bugeye

I'll have to read if someone has done this on an 06. but it looks like it can be done.
    its definitely possible... i'd recommend doing the conversion to an 07 cuz of all the improvements made. just as the guy in the link did, you can also opt for aftermarket pieces... or you can get off a US or JDM model. (im not familiar with any Junk Yards with Suby's there) If JDM is your source, a lot of times, front clips are imported for the engine and the body panels are usually junked. So definitely look there for some cheap used parts. that or try trading someone on the forums...

everything bolts on and off, but proper alignment will be the key. its definitely something i have not mastered... so i'd pay a shop if it were that important to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast