Still debating about joining the subi world!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Still debating about joining the subi world! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey ladies and gents, new here. Still debating about whether or not to purchase a wrx .. I was looking ...

Still debating about joining the subi world!

hey ladies and gents, new here.

Still debating about whether or not to purchase a wrx .. I was looking at an 04-05 wrx non-STi.

The other car i'm considering getting is an s2000. I know that the s2k has more HP but no torque, and i'm looking to purchase a convertible. I live by seattle, wa right now so i know it's kind of pointless to get a convertible over here, but i love them.

I was wondering if there are any other previous s2k owners around? Or people who owned a wrx and went to an s2k? If you could shed some light .. Throw something at me, prove to me that subi is better then honda

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do it.

That is all.

They really are very different cars. Do you want a sporty roadster or a more practical 4-door?
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    Do it.

That is all.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    Do it.

That is all.

They really are very different cars. Do you want a sporty roadster or a more practical 4-door?
    haha, yeah i know. I want both damn't. Maybe i'll just drop the cash and create the first drop top wrx? bah, fuhgettaboutit.

power wise is what i'm looking for mainly.

Subarus Rawk!!!

the honda will cost more to mod, less practical, not turbocharged or AWD..oh and it has a little thing called TORQUE...
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

i love my new subie, i would definately get one, it may cost more than a honda, but it'll last a lot longer....

Honestly...s2000 is a great car and if you enjoy great handling, decent power, and a small car, go for the s2000

If you want decent power, decent handling, AWD, turbo, and 4 doors, go with the WRX.

It is preference. It isn't like a WRX vs STI. But don't let these savages deter you from buying a s2000 ...personally you will never find me in a s2000 because I dislike small cars like the s2000 and z3. But that doesn't change the fact that the s2000 is a great sports car.

Search your heart for what you want the most! Or better yet...test drive both.
    CGM 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX - Sold
    WRB 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Hawk-Eye alliance #100.1

second car - s2000, only car WRX

I know someone who had an s2000, he hated how small it was. Loved everything else about it though.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by viperuws View Post
    test drive both.
    REALLY test drive them both!
    and see what each has to offer. my salesman encourged me to hit some turn and speed (w/ him in the car)
    Hawk-Eye alliance #82

Quote Originally Posted by Subiechk View Post
    i love my new subie, i would definately get one, it may cost more than a honda, but it'll last a lot longer....
    not sure what you are talking about...

wrx is way cheaper than an s2000...Sti and s2000 are about the same price. And hondas have an incredible track record for being reliable and lasting a long time...

there are plenty of 1990 hondas still on the road.

Im not a honda person, but you gotta give credit where credits due..
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

test drive them both.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

I was going to get an S2000 instead of the WRX. However, I live in New England where it snows so S2000 wasnt the best choice. A friend of mine got one when I got the WRX and he has put 8,000 mi on the car in the past year. I have over 43,000mi in 2 years. Year round fun!

2 seater w/ no cargo space vs 4 seater w/ decent cargo + awd. (i know its a 5 seater but who fits in the middle?)

In terms of performance the 2.2L S2000 only puts out like 15 whp more than the WRX, but the WRX destroys it in Torque. Also, the WRX is a lot easier to mod. There really isnt any EMS for the S2000 and the only way to get power out of it is to turbo and get a stand-alone or maybe piggyback.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I Support ClubWRX
    I've ridden in, but have not driven an S2000. It's a fine, true sportscar, and I was very impressed with the handling characteristics. It's also quick in its own right, but in that Honda OMGrevmetilitsoundslikeitsgonnabreak way. I prefer having more power available in the lower parts of the rev band.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Don't forget the moddability of the WRX. It's already FI so you just have to add more boost. The S2k pretty much needs FI to go faster. And it's expensive and doesn't really respond as well to boost cuz of the high compression.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.