Installing Exhaust System... HELP
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Installing Exhaust System... HELP within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have an 02 WRX. I just got an HKS Hi Power exhaust system from a friend and a 3" ...

Installing Exhaust System... HELP

I have an 02 WRX. I just got an HKS Hi Power exhaust system from a friend and a 3" test pipe. Can I install this with the stock downpipe or will I have to buy a downpipe? Also how many exhaust gaskets should I order?

Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if ye searches for answers using the search button ye will find...
    I do not think it will line up since the DP tapers to 2.5 in and the test pipe is 3"

Do I also have to get a new uppipe?

Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Micahm if you're such a wise guy, why can't you just answer my question?

It'll only take a few seconds for someone who knows.

Not to be rude, but I'm at work and I really can't be on here in the first place. Could you just help me out.

I Support ClubWRX
    I dont think the stock DP is 3 inches. The easiest way to fix this would be to take it to a local exhaust shop and have them just install a reducer so it will work.

Either that or wait until you can get a downpipe and install them all at the same time, but if you dont plan on getting a downpipe just get an exhaust shop to fix you help. Heck you should be able to get a 3 to a 2.5 reducer at most part stores. Not really the most recommended way but it should work.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by persian prince View Post
    Do I also have to get a new uppipe?
    you do not need to get a new uppipe since it's on the other side of the turbo. It is recommended for performance though! (Be careful, you probably won't pass emissions)
    Stage II and loving it!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.