New owner!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New owner!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up guys, i've been talking about buying an STi forever, and finally broke down and did so. I get ...

Registered User specialolympian's Avatar

New owner!!!

Whats up guys, i've been talking about buying an STi forever, and finally broke down and did so. I get the car on tuesday, i bought it from a private party.I got such an awesoem deal it is ridiculous, 23,500 for one with 24,500 miles on her (blue on gold). Only problem i saw with it was the previous owner was a smoker :/. Nothing 3 hours of vaccuming, some febreeze, and time cant fix though. I live in the HEB area of DFW texas, and can't wait to see some of you other owners at meets around here. I'll make sure to post up some pictures when i get the car!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

congrats, welcome, and +1 on the pics!
    member of teh sex... i mean bugeye mafia (#92)

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings, congrats and welcome to the club!

A smoker's car? I would have taken a pass - best of luck airing it out.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

That deal is worth putting up with the smoke of old. Nothing time can't fix but wow congrats on the STI.

+1 on pics (WRB on gold is sexy)
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Congrats on the ride!

Maybe you can find a good detailer in your area that can clean the seats/carpets with an extractor. Of course it is springtime as well, so lots of time to drive with the windows down

Congrats...

bet you can't wait til Tuesday!

you have noooooooooo idea.

im already looking at uppipes, and downpipes.

i forgot to mentiont he car comes with an Accessport programmer, full turboback exhuast, and a sound system. Also, it's dynamatted! No trunk rattle!

Thats about 2000 dollars i saved right there.

I also am going to buy som OEM floormats, because the ones in the car arent stock and look retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by specialolympian View Post
    you have noooooooooo idea.

im already looking at uppipes, and downpipes.

i forgot to mentiont he car comes with an Accessport programmer, full turboback exhuast, and a sound system. Also, it's dynamatted! No trunk rattle!

Thats about 2000 dollars i saved right there.

I also am going to buy som OEM floormats, because the ones in the car arent stock and look retarded.
    Very nice right out of the box at stage 2

You said you were looking at DPs but full turbo back includes a DP unless you don't like that DP i wouldn't waste your money

well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Sounds great. You really cant beat the prices of private sellers. I just bought my 04 a couple weeks ago w/ 17k miles for 26 at a dealer. The smoking smell will go away after time, I really wouldnt worry about it..... especially at that price. Hope you have lots of fun with your new car!!

Banned

Talking

welcome

Alright guys!
    I've been so busy with this friggin car i love her so much, whenever i get any free time i take her out for a drive. I've had her for a day and a half and already gone through 3/4 a tank of gas. Anyways, here's the pics i promised, They are really crappy because the weathers been crappy, an i dont want to wash the car every day just to wash it again. When the weather clears up im going to detail her and take her to a few empty parking lots for some real photos!

Also, quick question. Judging by the way she drinks gas, im thinking of tuning her down and only tuning her up to cobb stage 2 when i feel like running her. Is their any benefits to this? Should i just leave her how she is? Lame questions, i'm just not sure. Anyways, here's the main event.

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Thats entirely up to you. I'd say leave it at stage 2 all the time. I do!

Congrats on the deal & welcome.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    Thats entirely up to you. I'd say leave it at stage 2 all the time. I do!

Congrats on the deal & welcome.
    +1 stage 2 is my daily driver

Quote Originally Posted by specialolympian View Post
    Alright guys!
    I've been so busy with this friggin car i love her so much, whenever i get any free time i take her out for a drive. I've had her for a day and a half and already gone through 3/4 a tank of gas. Anyways, here's the pics i promised, They are really crappy because the weathers been crappy, an i dont want to wash the car every day just to wash it again. When the weather clears up im going to detail her and take her to a few empty parking lots for some real photos!

Also, quick question. Judging by the way she drinks gas, im thinking of tuning her down and only tuning her up to cobb stage 2 when i feel like running her. Is their any benefits to this? Should i just leave her how she is? Lame questions, i'm just not sure. Anyways, here's the main event.

lol...that was the first thing i noticed, was how fast we go through gas in it. Its supposed to get decent gas mi. but its impossible not to hit boost.
    Gas prices dont help either though. But its just one of those things you sacrafice for performance.

Looks really good!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast