living through my monkey (daughter)

This is a discussion on living through my monkey (daughter) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just bought a WRX for my daughter, so far she loves it!! She just loves to drive but is not ...

living through my monkey (daughter)

Just bought a WRX for my daughter, so far she loves it!! She just loves to drive but is not to tech minded.. I on the other hand love doing maintenence and finding out what is the best products on the market for use. I am changing all the fluids on vehicle so I know what is what. I have never own or maintain a AWD car before. I have owned upwards of 30 + vehicles (unfortunetly this is where my daughter gets her cravings from!!!)My first concern if front and rear diff and tranny (MT) as well as engine oil. I will be using Mobil 1 for engine. What is recommended for tranny and diff. I plan on using mobile 1 syn for these applications, anyone have experience with this?? Anyway more later... If your wondering why not one for myself?? (WRX or STi) I have a commercial lincense and an extremly heavy foot!![*]undefined[/LIST]

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

You would do well to look and ask around the Transmission Forum.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Sweet i wish my parents bought me a WRX well one thing to just throw out there is that if it is an 06 your going to need a Torx T-70 to do the tranny fluid which is hard to come by but if it is an 05 or older sockets will do

+1 on the T-70 torx bit. I was able to find them on eBay for pretty cheap though. It just takes some time for shipping and such so just plan ahead if you're gonna go that route.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

your daughter is lucky...i hd to buy mine and my dad is just into playin with his cars...kinda...my bf and i want to change out all the fluids too, but we'll most likely run royal purple....does your daughter want to do anything to the car, or is it just you that wants to add stuff?
    Wingl3ss @lliance #10

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook