New Guy Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Guy Here within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sup guys im a new owner of a 2004 Impreza STI. Im coming from a 2005 VW Jetta GLI so ...

New Guy Here

Sup guys im a new owner of a 2004 Impreza STI. Im coming from a 2005 VW Jetta GLI so its a pretty big jump up. I live in SoCal and go to school out here also. Ill have pics of the new ride tommorow. Well you guys will see me around alot, i like finding out more information about my car online. I do have one question though. With the DCCD, i notice there is a auto, lock, and 5 other modes. Whats the difference from one another? Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the club!
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_montana87 View Post
    Sup guys im a new owner of a 2004 Impreza STI. Im coming from a 2005 VW Jetta GLI so its a pretty big jump up. I live in SoCal and go to school out here also. Ill have pics of the new ride tommorow. Well you guys will see me around alot, i like finding out more information about my car online. I do have one question though. With the DCCD, i notice there is a auto, lock, and 5 other modes. Whats the difference from one another? Thanks guys!
    hey man, i know what you mean about the big jump...i had an 03 oz rally lancer...120hp to 300hp..im havin a blast with it..just tryin not to get tickets
    --Daniel
    Last edited by Dankbaber; 08-06-2007 at 05:37 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

Check out: THIS LINK for info on the DCCD. Also, book mark the links in my sig for lots more useful info.
    Last edited by TheJ; 08-06-2007 at 04:39 PM.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome to the club.

That's not correct.

Check out: THIS LINK for info on the DCCD. Also, book mark the links in my sig for lots more useful info.
    oops thanks for the correction! still new at all this subaru stuff

<<<<< Stupid n00b

Welcome to the Club!

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats greetings and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome,and have fun with your STi.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Registered User specialolympian's Avatar
    congrats on the new ride!

i whent from a 99 Tacoma to my stage 2 04 STI.

Needless to say, they drive about the same
    "1st gear boosted my balls into my ass!"

You didn't happen to be in the Nor Cal/ San Jose area a while ago did you? I ask because I saw an STi with similar blue wheels a while ago, hadn't seen blue wheels before.

At any rate welcome to the club and enjoy your STi.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

hey guys. A buddy of mine at work has a 1999 Camaro SS 6sp, stock besides exhaust. Can i take him?

IM modded with CAI, HKS Cat back, HKS BOV, Strut bars front and back with springs and shocks.

And now i wasnt in nor/cal sorry, i stay in SOCal lol
    Last edited by Tony_montana87; 08-07-2007 at 11:38 PM. Reason: forgot

oh man BOV? i hope its recirculated!

Nice, I love the blue/blue.

I do have a question though:
    Venting to Atmosphere, why is it such a bad thing? Aside from running rich that is. I've run TurboXS RFL's for years without problems on my Supras. I wouldn't contribute any problems to the BOV aside from a nice loud POP just after and a bright flash of light in my rearview mirror.

I read a few pages of the big BOV thread, and it just seemed to keep repeating itself.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mkiisupraman18 View Post
    Nice, I love the blue/blue.

I do have a question though:
    Venting to Atmosphere, why is it such a bad thing? Aside from running rich that is. I've run TurboXS RFL's for years without problems on my Supras. I wouldn't contribute any problems to the BOV aside from a nice loud POP just after and a bright flash of light in my rearview mirror.

I read a few pages of the big BOV thread, and it just seemed to keep repeating itself.
    Read the first page only. If you have more questions, ask them in the BOV thread or start a new thread in Engine Modifications Forum However, let's not hijack the OPs newbie-welcome thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_montana87 View Post
    hey guys. A buddy of mine at work has a 1999 Camaro SS 6sp, stock besides exhaust. Can i take him?

IM modded with CAI, HKS Cat back, HKS BOV, Strut bars front and back with springs and shocks.
    I don't know the specs for the 99ss off the top of my head but I doubt you would get trounced. This question would be better posed in the Comparison / WXR vs. ... Forum.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.