2007 tr or wrx
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2007 tr or wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I own a 2002 wrx & looking 2 trade it in for a 07 wrx tr or wrx sedan drove ...

Cool 2007 tr or wrx

I own a 2002 wrx & looking 2 trade it in for a 07 wrx tr or wrx sedan drove 07 wrx yesterday with 5 miles on it. I plan on modifying new one but i have seen reviews which recommend paying a little xtra for wrx over tr. Is there a lot of difference in the 2 I havent seen the tr on lot in my area only online, & how does 07 garnet red look up close. I know theyre both the same kinda but I would like some input from people who have a inside view.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the wrx has more features than the tr
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

is there much difference inside

i know the a/c is difference and radio is different..

tr vs wrx sedan

yes there is a dif between the two but not the engine . wrx sedan has side air dams, alum pedals, 6 cd, climate control, fog lights. looks a little smarter i think. i have a white 06 with small spoiler, added wrx badge to each front door lower front, and a wrx bagde to driver side of grill. this really brings out the car nicely. did a spt cat back and short ram for the sound, and it does feel much sportier. great sound, not too loud. andy

thanks 4 info guys

Wink

i have the 2.5 and i would have gotten the wrx tr if i had the money.

just two cents
    The Hawk-eye Alliance #2007The wingless alliance #16HID headlight conversion kit, Freedom design front tower strut bar, progress front& rear sway bar(22mm).
    04 forester hood scoop STI Pink H-brace. K&N air filter HKS Hi-power catback. Agency power shortshifter HKS turbo timer

Lightbulb

thanks blueman i'm working with the dealer now on the wrx now he allready has a buyer looking at mine so that will help my deal a little.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    I originally looked at an '06 WRX TR. I smashed up my old car and just needed something relatively quick and I'm a "no frills" kind of guy. Anyway, I was content with the TR until I went to another lot and sat inside the WRX. I thought it was SO much nicer and totally worth the extra $800 or so... The inside of the TR was all plastic and cheap looking when compared to the WRX (which has leather trim, etc.). Anyway, my advice is to go with the WRX and not the TR, it's totally worth the extra money which is chump change when you're spending that much to begin with. This is what the WRX has over the WRX TR...

Exterior
    • Body color painted side skirts
    • Body color painted side-view mirrors
    • Fog lights

Interior
    • Leather wrapped steering wheel
    • Leather shift knob
    • Leather emergency brake
    • Chrome inside door handles
    • Bolstered bucket seats (STi-style)
    • In-dash 6 CD changer with 6-speakers
    • Climate control for AC and heat
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Thumbs up

u guys are awesome thanks for advice.when i get off work i'll go sign for grey wrx. i bought 5zigen wheels & toyo tires last week(less than 100 miles on them which the dealer is going to have put on at shop while i wait, plus spt package after price was agreed on,hey get whatcha can they still win) .have to take out aftermarket strut bar,wheel & tires,sound system & whatever else i want to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    I originally looked at an '06 WRX TR. I smashed up my old car and just needed something relatively quick and I'm a "no frills" kind of guy. Anyway, I was content with the TR until I went to another lot and sat inside the WRX. I thought it was SO much nicer and totally worth the extra $800 or so... The inside of the TR was all plastic and cheap looking when compared to the WRX (which has leather trim, etc.). Anyway, my advice is to go with the WRX and not the TR, it's totally worth the extra money which is chump change when you're spending that much to begin with. This is what the WRX has over the WRX TR...

Exterior
    • Body color painted side skirts
    • Body color painted side-view mirrors
    • Fog lights

Interior
    • Leather wrapped steering wheel
    • Leather shift knob
    • Leather emergency brake
    • Chrome inside door handles
    • Bolstered bucket seats (STi-style)
    • In-dash 6 CD changer with 6-speakers
    • Climate control for AC and heat

my TR has all the things bolded.....

I only installed the cd player (100 bucks) and fogs (300 bucks)....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by STidok View Post

A TR's seats are very different from a regular wrx seats.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by STidok View Post

My TR has most of those bolded options, except the outside options, the side skirts are so small you dont really notice them anyway. The inside seats are diffrent in the TR and WRX, the radio and the AC unit is automatic in the WRX and manual in the TR (which imo isnt worth the extra monty)

I took the TR because the extra 800-1200 i saved i plan on putting into a good stereo system which hooks up to Sirius and an Ipod which can both be controlled through the headunit. And use that money to get a good boost gauge and gauge pod.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    A TR's seats are very different from a regular wrx seats.

sorry I should have been more clear...they are different, but still bolstered...

well from a non biased view point since i dont have either one is if you like to save some money and get a new radio or whatever it sounds as if the tr would be ideal, the wrx just has factory luxury options and thats it. to me its appears the tr would be more worth it.

Dave

btw barry i love the design on your subbie man, that freakin sweet.
    The Hawk-eye Alliance #2007The wingless alliance #16HID headlight conversion kit, Freedom design front tower strut bar, progress front& rear sway bar(22mm).
    04 forester hood scoop STI Pink H-brace. K&N air filter HKS Hi-power catback. Agency power shortshifter HKS turbo timer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.