Another Nubie

This is a discussion on Another Nubie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just bought a 2007 Obsidian Black WRX TR. My previous car was 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V. I ...

Another Nubie

I just bought a 2007 Obsidian Black WRX TR. My previous car was 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V. I did minor mods to it (Nismo CAI, Stainless cat-back exhaust, stereo upgrades. tail lights, and several cosmetic changes).

The WRX has great power. The stereo could be better(but that isn't why I bought this car). I have had several Nissans (3 pickups, 2 Sentras, and a Pathfinder) I never owned a Subaru or a turbocharged car before. Any tips, tricks or suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the Club!!

welcome!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

welcome to the club! i had a white 2002 spec v so nice car . i too came from a long line of nissans and this was my first subaru also. after looking into it i found subarus to have a higher consumer rating for quality than nissan though, right under honda and toyota. things we did to the sentras dont always work on these cars stay away from things like cai and bov's and youll be fine!
    Trying is the first step towards failure.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoon View Post
    welcome to the club! i had a white 2002 spec v so nice car . i too came from a long line of nissans and this was my first subaru also. after looking into it i found subarus to have a higher consumer rating for quality than nissan though, right under honda and toyota. things we did to the sentras dont always work on these cars stay away from things like cai and bov's and youll be fine!
    I do miss the remote trunk release and the subwoofer in the trunk. I Don't miss the wheel hop.

Quote Originally Posted by SGarlesky View Post
    Any tips, tricks or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Welcome!

You came at the right place for your questions. Here are few threads you may want to read through to be likely successful in modding your WRX -

Exhaust Video/Sound Clips

Engine Performance FAQ [[[READ ME]]]

Acronyms so you won't get confused when reading threads - What does it mean?? Terminology and Acronyms for the newcomer!

Have fun and good luck!
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!