New to site...

This is a discussion on New to site... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, I am in the process of trying to find a WRX. I am wondering what I should look ...

New to site...

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of trying to find a WRX. I am wondering what I should look for though. Is the STI worth the extra cash or should I build up a WRX?

What motor is going to have the most mods available, power, etc...? And are there certain years that are better than others?

I currently have a VW passat that is lightly tuned, but I am looking to get rid of that.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anyone???

I Support ClubWRX

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MTBjake View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am in the process of trying to find a WRX. I am wondering what I should look for though. Is the STI worth the extra cash or should I build up a WRX?

What motor is going to have the most mods available, power, etc...? And are there certain years that are better than others?

I currently have a VW passat that is lightly tuned, but I am looking to get rid of that.

Thanks
    Welcome!

IMO, Yes the STi is worth it. The wrx is a great car but trying to build up the wrx to an STi is not cost effective (especially in the model prior to 2006).

Year? IMO, New is better for the most part. Some people like the looks of some model years more then other buts thats a personal preference thing.

IMO, The best thing to get would be slightly used, not modded yet but has already taken the initial depreciation.

Have fun.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I would recommend if you can afford the cost that come with a STI to get a STI.I just bought a brand new wrx 07 because i cant afford the xtra cost up front.As far as what to look for a 06 wrx is more cost effective than a 05- down due to 06 and up have the 2.5L 05 -down wrx's are 2.0L.
    I would look for a unmodded wrx or sti as the odds of hard driving are less.
    Last edited by Roger07WRX; 04-15-2007 at 07:10 AM.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome if you can find a clean used one get the STI
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Welcome to the Forum

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    IMO, Yes the STi is worth it. The wrx is a great car but trying to build up the wrx to an STi is not cost effective (especially in the model prior to 2006).

Year? IMO, New is better for the most part. Some people like the looks of some model years more then other buts thats a personal preference thing.

IMO, The best thing to get would be slightly used, not modded yet but has already taken the initial depreciation.

Have fun.
    ^^ J speaks truth.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics