need advice on starting mods for an 06

This is a discussion on need advice on starting mods for an 06 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; need advice on my next upgrade. i have a 06 wrx , and have done a spt cat back, and ...

need advice on starting mods for an 06

need advice on my next upgrade. i have a 06 wrx , and have done a spt cat back, and the spt short ram intake. love the sound !! next step, the cobb access port ?? what should i expect from that, and then maybe a down pipe. not looking for much after that. will tha access port only give a noticable increase in power by itself ?? thanks andy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you have a boost gauge? It won't give you a gain or loss of power, but it will help you to see if everything is running okay.
    Last edited by NashWRX; 04-12-2007 at 07:48 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #181

AP is a great call for your next mod (if you're going with power mods). You can follow it with a down-pipe and you'll see a very noticable increase in power. Even the AP alone will yield a solid bump in torque and responsiveness.
    New England F4
    -----------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE!!!

VF22/FMIC/UTEC/Pinks/ACT/STi RA's/Apex'i N1 Type-V's - Tuned at XXTuning, 270 WHP/ 270 TQ @ 18.5psi. 12.697@ 108.95

Quote Originally Posted by WMAWRX View Post
    AP is a great call for your next mod (if you're going with power mods). You can follow it with a down-pipe and you'll see a very noticable increase in power. Even the AP alone will yield a solid bump in torque and responsiveness.
    +1 Add some Cobb Springs and a Kartboy STS and you'll be riding nice
    New England F4
    ~Blobeye Syndicate~

Wait until your warranty runs out. The reason I say this is because some day soon your clutch will fail and it will be a lot easier a cheaper to get it fixed if you don't mod it. But if you don't care about that, then go with a catted down pipe (to stay legal) and get the AP.

Get rid of the short ram.
    NEW ENGLAND F4

TUNERNetwork.com
    Great site for anyone in the north east.