07 WRX Fuel Economy

This is a discussion on 07 WRX Fuel Economy within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I pick up my white beauty in two days but i'm curious what the true fuel economy is for ...

07 WRX Fuel Economy

So I pick up my white beauty in two days but i'm curious what the true fuel economy is for an average of 40-50 mph driving...let me know! thanks...oh by the way - I have the 224hp 2.5L 07 Turbo
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    So I pick up my white beauty in two days but i'm curious what the true fuel economy is for an average of 40-50 mph driving...let me know! thanks...oh by the way - I have the 224hp 2.5L 07 Turbo
    I've been getting about 21-22 MPG in mixed driving (short highway stints for commuting, no real stop and go traffic) on my 07. I have also only filled it twice, and the engine still is not out of the break-in period, so the whole car is still very green.

On the freeway my 06 can get close to 28 in the summer, but I mostly average between 21-25

Oh and to let you know, you engine is seriously under rated, they are actually closer to 255hp
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

thanks for the info guys i'm hoping to get an average of at least 21 i feel good about myself...haha. I'm not really gonna lay on it much...well thats a lie and we all know it - the subie is meant to be opened up every few...err...hours? days? minutes? seconds? anyways, I plan on the SPT exhaust/intake - love the sounds they make and the little hp gains. i'm glad my dad is a car repair manager - i can get the spt parts for cost.

Quote Originally Posted by tayhadar1 View Post
    Oh and to let you know, you engine is seriously under rated, they are actually closer to 255hp
    orly?
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

not sure if thats the case; 255 seems like a lot more than what it's rated - i do know that in early 06 it was rated at 230 hp... (wheel or crank?) shortly through 06, SAE changed all ratings on subies so it ended up getting rated at 224

255 crank is about right for 06/07. Factor in a 21% drivetrain loss (approximation only) and you're looking at low 200 whp range which is what some dynos read.

Low to mid 20s mpg is usually the average
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

Every time i floor it i see my gas needle drop

Anyway 200WHP sounds about right.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

not sure if thats the case; 255 seems like a lot more than what it's rated - i do know that in early 06 it was rated at 230 hp... (wheel or crank?) shortly through 06, SAE changed all ratings on subies so it ended up getting rated at 224
    Yes I am all aware of this but believe me, they perposefully under rate it for many reasons, one being so it doesn't hurt sales of sti's. The easiest way to tell this is true is to look look at a stock pre 06 wrx. They dyno at around 170 whp and are rated at 227 crank horsepower. A 2006 wrx will dyno on the exact same dyno at around 200whp. So obviously they are rough 30chp or more than previous ones.
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    Every time i floor it i see my gas needle drop

I have the exact same color/year. I have 4000 miles and @70mph with a 15+ sidewind I got 29mpg. And that's with the window down!

As for HP, I've read 230hp (I'm sure it's at the crank). Insurance is another reason for lowballing.

I know it has enough to get me in trouble!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dmlortz View Post
    I have the exact same color/year. I have 4000 miles and @70mph with a 15+ sidewind I got 29mpg. And that's with the window down!

As for HP, I've read 230hp (I'm sure it's at the crank). Insurance is another reason for lowballing.

I know it has enough to get me in trouble!!!
    yeah insurance is gonna kill me if i get an sti!