Just In: 2007 WRX...Suggestions?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Just In: 2007 WRX...Suggestions? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, I'm fairly new to clubwrx; my buddy directed me to this site and I'm definitely enjoying my time ...

Just In: 2007 WRX...Suggestions?

Hey all, I'm fairly new to clubwrx; my buddy directed me to this site and I'm definitely enjoying my time here thus far. So anyways, I saw the 2008 WRX...which was the release i was waiting for so I could make a decision. Thursday went just like this: I got up, went to work, went online, saw the 08 subie, went in the bathroom, vomitted in disgust, then called my local subie dealership and bought a WRX. So needless to say, I've bought a brand new 07 in Satin White Pearl.

I opted for the standard wrx - the TR doesn't have the options I wanted and the limited is way too expensive. I wanted a black one but they had a dealer swap the night before I bought it, so just bought the white one. It came from the dealer with the standard classic wrx spoiler and a nice, legal, 35% tint. I live and mass and they'll probably pull me over and check my tint because they hate everybody

So I'm hoping for some tips as to what I should do for upgrades; I don't want to void my warranty since I'm paying out the butt for this car, but I want a nice sound. I was thinking about the SPT parts for now...what do you guys think? I like the tone of the bosal SPT exhaust...the intake is a little too ricey for my taste but that extra few horsepower is making me want it.

I want to get the defi link BF gauges - does anybody have the kit to put them on your dash...like near the odometer and stuff...I saw it online once and it looks awesome but i'm worried that the MPH and fuel gauges will be too covered by this kit.

Finally, I'm considering prodrive P1 rims in gold. I'd opt for the 17's...you can find them around the net for about 900 for four (no tires) My dad's a car repair shop manager, so I am probably doing most of my SPT business through him. If anyone knows how these mods turn out, let me know!

I'll post pics in about a week and whenever its sunny out.

Thanks guys.
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum!!

Congrats on your purchase!!

SPT is a good choice for now...

Don't forget to post some pics up!!

If you insist on getting an intake, SPT is the way to go. But don't do it for added horsepower, because you really aren't going to get much, and definitely won't feel the difference. It's mainly for the sound. As for exhaust, SPT probably is not the best choice. You can get an ERZ catback off EBAY for much less, that actually flows better, is built very well, and that will not effect your warranty. Good Luck, and nice purchase!!
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

nice purchase and happy modding

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal_wrx View Post
    If you insist on getting an intake, SPT is the way to go. But don't do it for added horsepower, because you really aren't going to get much, and definitely won't feel the difference. It's mainly for the sound. As for exhaust, SPT probably is not the best choice. You can get an ERZ catback off EBAY for much less, that actually flows better, is built very well, and that will not effect your warranty. Good Luck, and nice purchase!!
    you and that d*mn ebay!! lol

So I have heard, SPT does give you performance gains... You may not like SPT (intake or exhaust) but i know Slider loves it and fender might like it also...

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    you and that d*mn ebay!! lol
    What can i say... eBay is amazing.

As for SPT, i never said that i don't like their stuff, simply that the intake is great, but its more for sound than power, and that you can get a cheaper (and possibly even better) catback over eBay.
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal_wrx View Post
    What can i say... eBay is amazing.

As for SPT, i never said that i don't like their stuff, simply that the intake is great, but its more for sound than power, and that you can get a cheaper (and possibly even better) catback over eBay.
    +1
    +1
    +1

Ebay is awesome...the intake sounds good but not Ricey because it enhances the sound of the turbo...

Either way though, a CBE is a CBE...there probably won't be any flow differences unless you get a system like the Borla Hush...no cats in the CBE to limit flow cause they are all in the DP Flow would be increased with a Turbo Back Exhaust...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

As an owner of an 06, I'm glad you got an '07 and not an '08, as I myself vomitted when I saw the new pictures of the '08.

Welcome to the club.

Upgrading-
    See the starter modifications sticky thread. Also, SPT is a nice brand but its not the ideal choice if you are really looking to add power to your car. SPT intake, from what I've read and argued over, the general consensus is that its only good for a nice sound of an intake. The Power Pack is over-priced and under-performs. Go for better tires and better springs, then look into Cobb stage 1 and 2, and see how much that satisfies you before going further.
    06 WRX TR CGM {stock} Hawke-Eye #28
    Raysfield- "We don't get much snow, and I don't drive aggressively in the rain, so kind of irrelevant."
    .:Truth:.

Quote Originally Posted by CaRboNaDo View Post
    Upgrading-
    See the starter modifications sticky thread. Also, SPT is a nice brand but its not the ideal choice if you are really looking to add power to your car. SPT intake, from what I've read and argued over, the general consensus is that its only good for a nice sound of an intake. The Power Pack is over-priced and under-performs. Go for better tires and better springs, then look into Cobb stage 1 and 2, and see how much that satisfies you before going further.
    ^^^The Man speaks a very good point...suspension and handling will really make your car seem like much more of a performance beast
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

I really want springs, but damn i should wait until i at least get a few thousand miles on the car first.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

my dad gets spt parts at cost - i like the whole warranty not voiding thing even though the exhaust really doesnt make a difference for the warranty, i dont feel like having them use it against me - thats the real reason i wanna go this way

Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    my dad gets spt parts at cost - i like the whole warranty not voiding thing even though the exhaust really doesnt make a difference for the warranty, i dont feel like having them use it against me - thats the real reason i wanna go this way
    Warranties are good

But look at it this way...you can always do things to the car that are easily reversible. Exhaust, intake, swaybars, strutbars, even springs/coilovers and Accessport so you can flash back to the stock map...

That way when you take it in for a problem...you can just swap out the part that might be related to the part of the car thats having a problem. Subaru can't deny claims for the brakes if you have an upgraded intake or so...they aren't related parts...and so on

Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    did you get a deal on the wrx?? since your dad can get your discount on spt parts didnt know if he can get deals on cars too...

he work at a dealership?

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    did you get a deal on the wrx?? since your dad can get your discount on spt parts didnt know if he can get deals on cars too...

he work at a dealership?
    nope. had to pay full price for the car...well i haggled them down to 24500 from 26500. The car has the spoiler and premium tint. I wanted this WRB one they had but they sold it from under me so they gave me this one for the same price. I'm happy with that! my dad gets subaru parts, he gets them all at cost - he manages a small import car repair shop in CT - Bimmers, Merc's, Subies, etc. So I'm glad I didnt get something less imported

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.