NEWGUY ..With Too Many Questions :P - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on NEWGUY ..With Too Many Questions :P within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; oh yeah, and for my reply to the original question - i love the new look of my06/07 - i ...

oh yeah, and for my reply to the original question - i love the new look of my06/07 - i didn't originally but it really grew on me. Lots more features - if you have around 7-8k to put down, or you wanna trade in something - at 7.5% apr, you'll have a subie w/a 5 yr loan for just about 350/mo. That's not too bad...i'm only 19 so mine is 450 a month due to my parents not cosigning - but college grads get the subaru financing program - you can get great rates from that. Talk to you local dealer...and make sure they aren't shady - mine tried to add all this extra crap that i didnt need. read: wheel locks (50 dollars), extra fobs (already get 2, another two for 300). anyways, i yelled at them until they gave up on their schemes

If anyone needs help with financing info, I'm a Customer Service Rep for a bank, so i can let you know how much your rex will cost you.
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I will have to ask them about the financing program, that will be key for puchasing a WRX when I graduate. 450 a month is pretty good, I mean the lower the better. I am going today to a dealership to test drive a few and see what I like.
    Previous Subarus:
    2004 Subaru WRX, 18G Deadbolt Zilla setup w/ Supporting Mods
    2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback Stock!

Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    man i LOVE the look of that rex - how did you do that RA-R type grill pinstripe? and were the SPT decals hard to apply - I'm rocking an 07 in satin white - i want to do that red striping to the grill and an spt decal on the side - i see people around here with STI badges everywhere and the stock spoiler, etc...i dont like when you try to be something youre not
    hey man. Thanks it would look HAWT on Satin White.

the thread that helped/inspired me to do it is here
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1229738

As for the SPT decals i got mine from Ebay..I found one for you

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subar...spagenameZWDVW

If you buy it from them you can specify what color you want.

Hope this helps! as for applying them? its really easy to apply decals just take your time, pm me if you need more specific help.
    2007 VF'39ed WRX in OBP...
    VF39/supporting mods
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #61

Quote Originally Posted by jpjester View Post
    I am going today to a dealership to test drive a few and see what I like.
    yeah i have to go test drive them too!

Quote Originally Posted by EvohuntinWRX View Post

Hope this helps! as for applying them? its really easy to apply decals just take your time, pm me if you need more specific help.
    yeah dude that is really good looking.. whats the name of the manufacturer of that lip?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #0284
    TwoThousandSeven WRX TR..

Welcome to the club!!

As stated before, over the years there have been subtle changes. I have an 07 which is a 2.5L and claimed 230hp by everyone BUT Subaru and cosmetic exterior changes.

One question:

How is your manual shifting skills?

Quote Originally Posted by EvohuntinWRX View Post

thanks, man! I think I might go for the RA-R look as well. I saw that subiesport picture of it and i love the white with the red grille lining - thanks for the help - i think i want the sti limited front lip spoiler now too!

Quote Originally Posted by cepterone View Post
    yeah dude that is really good looking.. whats the name of the manufacturer of that lip?
    Mach V... www.fastwrx.com
    2007 VF'39ed WRX in OBP...
    VF39/supporting mods
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #61

So today I went into my near by Subaru Dealership in Doylestown PA. They didn't have any 2006 WRXs in stock but they did have a 2007 Subaru WRX in. It was the darker silver, and had "the dealerships performance package". The guy said they researched into what people like to put on the WRX and created a package. They installed a SPT intake, SPT Exhaust, Rear trunk Lip, aftermarket suspension work, Short Shifter, Momo Shift Knob, STI Pedals and I believe a few other things. Anyhow the car drove amazing, hugged the road, and when I accelerated picked up great. Also when I shifted the intake made a "Whisp sound" almost like a BOV, but sounded AMAZING. Anyhow I told them I am interested in a 2006 WRX Blue or Silver, has to be 5 speed and that I am looking to spend no more then 20,000 come Dec. He told me that right now the 2006's are rare to come about in the dealerships and there is a waiting list, but come Decemeber they will be getting 2008's in and that 2006's will not be as rare. He also told me since I worked for the company Fred Beans thats owns Subaru in my town along with 17 other manufactors, that they would give me a discount. He also told me about the special financing for college graduates. So I am pumped to get a WRX come December of this upcoming year. Whats your thoughts on my visit?
    Previous Subarus:

i think that's cool, what was the price tag on that SPT WRX? probably a good 28000 installed if it was a regular - 27 for a TR; i would definitely go with an 06-07 if i were you by that time - try and catch the leftover 07's at the end of the year! you might even walk away with 1.9% financing!

Sounds like you had a great visit! I'd be interested in what that "performance package" cost. Sounds like in dealer prices another 3-4K additional on the price. I'm sure you could piece it together yourself for less than half. That swoosh sound you heard was the stock bypass valve. SPT or any other short intake will make it louder. Now you know what you want, and the next 7 or 8 months are going to be agonizing! Could you get it now? Your car would be paid off that much faster!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister1rg View Post
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by twoturbos View Post
    Sounds like you had a great visit! I'd be interested in what that "performance package" cost. Sounds like in dealer prices another 3-4K additional on the price. I'm sure you could piece it together yourself for less than half. That swoosh sound you heard was the stock bypass valve. SPT or any other short intake will make it louder. Now you know what you want, and the next 7 or 8 months are going to be agonizing! Could you get it now? Your car would be paid off that much faster!
    i was planning on a september purchase with a down payment of 10k - that lasted about two weeks when i visited my subie dealer and said screw it. hahaha

If I pushed things, the soonest I could get it would be August, but I wouldnt get the College Grad financing, and to me its worth waiting. I think financially I will be set for December, i can get the College Grad Discount, it will be heading into winter time. ( Car sales will be lower, there for I have more of a chance to negotiate because the dealership will want the sale) + I will have more of a chance of finding a 2006 in my price range. I want the car today, but in order to KEEP the WRX without going broke I need to be patient and wait. lol In the meantime I can get friendly with the WRX community, learn more about the car, and my future modifications and be very knowledgable about the car when I get it. Tomorrow I am calling my insurance company to get a future estimate.
    Previous Subarus:

If I pushed things, the soonest I could get it would be August, but I wouldnt get the College Grad financing, and to me its worth waiting. I think financially I will be set for December, i can get the College Grad Discount, it will be heading into winter time. ( Car sales will be lower, there for I have more of a chance to negotiate because the dealership will want the sale) + I will have more of a chance of finding a 2006 in my price range. I want the car today, but in order to KEEP the WRX without going broke I need to be patient and wait. lol In the meantime I can get friendly with the WRX community, learn more about the car, and my future modifications and be very knowledgable about the car when I get it. Tomorrow I am calling my insurance company to get a future estimate.
    If PA is anything like MA, insurance is rigoddamndiculous. I'm 19, 1 ticket for speeding, and my insurance is 3110 a year.

So today I went into my near by Subaru Dealership in Doylestown PA. They didn't have any 2006 WRXs in stock but they did have a 2007 Subaru WRX in. It was the darker silver, and had "the dealerships performance package". The guy said they researched into what people like to put on the WRX and created a package. They installed a SPT intake, SPT Exhaust, Rear trunk Lip, aftermarket suspension work, Short Shifter, Momo Shift Knob, STI Pedals and I believe a few other things. Anyhow the car drove amazing, hugged the road, and when I accelerated picked up great. Also when I shifted the intake made a "Whisp sound" almost like a BOV, but sounded AMAZING. Anyhow I told them I am interested in a 2006 WRX Blue or Silver, has to be 5 speed and that I am looking to spend no more then 20,000 come Dec. He told me that right now the 2006's are rare to come about in the dealerships and there is a waiting list, but come Decemeber they will be getting 2008's in and that 2006's will not be as rare. He also told me since I worked for the company Fred Beans thats owns Subaru in my town along with 17 other manufactors, that they would give me a discount. He also told me about the special financing for college graduates. So I am pumped to get a WRX come December of this upcoming year. Whats your thoughts on my visit?
    You realize that when he is talking about 2006's, that he is talking about used ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.