Noobie Questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Noobie Questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What's up people? I'm moving up to Long Island, so now I have a good enough reason to get my ...

Noobie Questions

What's up people? I'm moving up to Long Island, so now I have a good enough reason to get my dream car: 02 or 03 WRX.

What are the big rules that shouldn't be broken or the what are the biggest problems with the WRX. Unnecessary mod or bad mods? I know alot of people will destroy 1st and 2nd in drag races with awd cars; and I think I heard that a BOV is bad for the OEM turbo settup(just heresay so far). Thanks for getting me on the road to success.

I currently own a saturn that I've been tunning for some time now. My knowledge goes up to beginner standalone fuel management with megasquirt software, somewhere between intermediate and advanced suspension/ brake knowledge, beginner transmissions with a decent understanding in awd differential operations and modifications, valvetraing mechanincs, and of course beginner in turbo mechanics<< .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Rule of thumb... read the stickies.

Here are good stickies for you to start with. Getting knowledge is where you should start before doing anything at all. These links will help you get some knowledge of the most common upgrade path that's known to work very well without compromising the durability of the car. Once you know what you're doing, you'll less likely to cause damage to your WRX.

Engine Performance Sticky - Engine Performance FAQ [[[READ ME]]]

BOV FAQ from another forums - http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=468038

Here's the complete list of FAQs from another forums - http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787

Modifications you should be weary of are BOV, MBC/EBC, aftermarket intakes (there are some exceptions).
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 04-06-2007 at 05:32 PM.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Sweet, this is exactly what I was hoping for, normally I would but I've been currntly way to busy with other sites to put time to navigating one more. I was hoping for just quick answers from a few people, but you definately went above and beyond my expectations. I definately appreciate it and will put effort toward reading all the stickies.

Glad I could be of help! Good luck and have fun once you have your WRX!
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Got any pics of your Saturn? Love those cars!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister1rg View Post
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe

Join http://www.sqc-ny.com/ ...Good bunch of people

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by twoturbos View Post
    Got any pics of your Saturn? Love those cars!

Wow sarcasm or for real??? I've kept the car looking stock so far, I don't like all the heat I would get from the police. It's really pretty basic as far as mods go. I have yet to hook up the megasquirt. I've concentrated all my efforts on suspension and grip so far. When I get the WRX I'm going to rebuild the Saturn motor for an 8.5:1 ratio, so it is a little more boost friendly. She's been really good to me since I got her at 26k. I had the transmission rebuilt at 76k, because I could and decided while I have the P/G and ACT installed; it would not be a bad thing. Wish I could have put a Quaife in though.......diff pins are notorisious for misplacing themselves.

Malice,
    Thanks for the NY link I was wondering about that one as well. Maybe I'll find some guys in the suffolk Long Island area.

TheJ,
    Thanks for the welcome aboard. It seems like chose the right forum to start my work.

I'll be hunting your sale section for my WRX, there are a couple I'm already seriously considering.
    Last edited by Jamie Q.; 04-08-2007 at 11:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.