Warrantee Questions

This is a discussion on Warrantee Questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Right now I am trying to buy warrantee for my car because from what people tell me. The car is ...

Warrantee Questions

Right now I am trying to buy warrantee for my car because from what people tell me. The car is not cheap. I have 3 hours to find a good place that sells warrantee or I am going to be forced to go w/ 1y/12 for 1k. If anybody know any place that offers warrantee on STI cheap. Please tell me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What happens after 3 hours? Why can't you wait 3 hours 1 minute or 3 days or 3 weeks?

Did you look at the factory extended plan?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i dont understand...

why a time limit??

because in 2 hours I have to close the deal on the car and I have to decide either to take the dealership warranty and parts or get the discount and do it on my own.

I Support ClubWRX
    Parts? What parts are you talking about?

If you're not comfortable with a deal walk away. They'll make more cars. You have the money, they want the money more than the car. That puts you in a position of power. If that car isn't there in 2 hours, buy another one whenever you want.

In general I'd not consider a plan that does not allow a dealer to perform the work.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHernan View Post
    because in 2 hours I have to close the deal on the car and I have to decide either to take the dealership warranty and parts or get the discount and do it on my own.
    In 2 hours you dont have to close the deal... you are in control!!
    if they are pushing you to get the dealership warranty or do it on your own, then leave that dealership!!

They are not pushing me to close the deal at all. I just want to make sure I make a good decision.

Decision A - Pay them $2500 to get me the stock down pipe, catback, and exhaust NOW w/ a 1y/12k mile warranty.

OR

Decision B - Find people that are selling used stock down pipe, catback, and exhaust and pay a local racing shop $150-$200 to put it on.

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you buying a used car? Do not buy a pre-modded car.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Do not buy a pre-modded car.
    Why would you say that?

I Support ClubWRX
    Why would you even consider buying a car with unauthorized, non-factory parts on it? The value is diminished, the mechanical soundness questionable, and the history almost certainly unknown. Your call.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Why would you even consider buying a car with unauthorized, non-factory parts on it? The value is diminished, the mechanical soundness questionable, and the history almost certainly unknown. Your call.

The man speaks wisdom. Odds are the car has been driven harder then a non modded version, will have no factory warranty remaining since it was modded, and the modded parts usually carry no warranty. Good luck
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"