Soon to be a WRX owner...

This is a discussion on Soon to be a WRX owner... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone, I've been checking out this site for a while, and finally joined. I'm buying an '07 WRX wagon ...

Soon to be a WRX owner...

Hi everyone, I've been checking out this site for a while, and finally joined. I'm buying an '07 WRX wagon this week and I'm looking for any tips or suggestions on what to add on at the dealer if anything. I think I'll end up with either Crystal Gray or White Pearl, with either black cloth, or if we get the white, the two-tone tan/black leather Limited. I am considering adding the SPT intake and possibly the catback, unless the common consensus is to go aftermarket on those. The Cobb kit has been suggested, but I'm hesitant to buy without first hearing it. This will be my wife's daily driver, and my fun car.

Things I plan to add for sure are some sport springs and slightly larger sway bars, intake and exhaust, and possibly wheels/tires and brakes. Stereo will of course be bumped up a few notches-- Eclipse AVN5500 nav. unit, a couple sets of Focal components, a pair of Zapco amps, and some TC Sounds subs. I'm a bit of a sound freak.

In any case, I'm looking forward to becoming an active member here and would love to hear some suggestions where to take my first Subaru. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you do do an intake stick with SPT or Cobb, but intakes on these cars aren;t really necessary and dont offer much as far as power gains.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

Good to know, I'll keep that in mind about the intake. Thanks!

Congrats on the soon to be WRX!

As far as mods go definitly go with exhaust and being the spt it should still be under warrenty. I suggest getting a DP (get the better performance) and if not SPT i would suggest COBB. I personally have ERZ turbo back exhaust which i like but is budget brand.

Let us know and feel free to ask more questions

Do EET already!. I installed the spt intake over the weekend. This with the spt exhaust is niiiice. It has a great sound and a lot more air coming in. You love it .

Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo34 View Post
    Do EET already!. I installed the spt intake over the weekend. This with the spt exhaust is niiiice. It has a great sound and a lot more air coming in. You love it .

Steve.
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is EET?

Quote Originally Posted by fastev View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is EET?
    Itís just me trying to emphasize the word ďití.

Gotcha. As soon as my insurance money gets to me for my truck I'm signing it right back over to Subaru...