STilicious
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STilicious within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I just got a 05 STi w/ 30k miles. The clutch is perfect. Car mods are BoV, Down ...

Smile STilicious

Hey guys, I just got a 05 STi w/ 30k miles. The clutch is perfect. Car mods are BoV, Down Pipe, Straight Pipe, Exhaust. The is also droped a bit and I am trying to bring the car back into stock trim. I am open to suggestions. BTW, does anybody know where the STi owners in Miami go to talk and hang out?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you want to take your back to stock I would drop the BOV and straight pipe but leave the downpipe. With a stock catback and downpipe the car won't be that loud but you still get the quick spool and power increases.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Congrats on the STI!

I would say lose the BOV if your looking to lose anything

If you don't mind the noise of the exhaust i would say keep the exhaust or get an aftermarket catback to go with that DP and go COBB stage 2

But that is just what i would do

welcome. post some pics and lose the bov
    Lokin&Tokin

2005 STi trunk + wing OBP 4 sale. pm me.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by eze13 View Post
    welcome. post some pics and lose the bov
    +1
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Hey guys, I was talking to my brother and he was telling me that in his SRT-4 if his engine blows. Is just $700 and he can get a new engine. 1 of the main reasons I want to return the car back to stock is because a lot of people are telling me that fixing STi is not cheap and easy. So that is why I want to go back to stock for warrantee. Maybe later make some mods that don't void my warrantee.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHernan View Post
    Hey guys, I was talking to my brother and he was telling me that in his SRT-4 if his engine blows. Is just $700 and he can get a new engine. 1 of the main reasons I want to return the car back to stock is because a lot of people are telling me that fixing STi is not cheap and easy. So that is why I want to go back to stock for warrantee. Maybe later make some mods that don't void my warrantee.
    It's possible that the previous owner has already had the car flagged for mods.

Get rid of the BOV keep the down pipe and add some engine management. This is almost a fail proof setup and if you maintain the car you *shouldnt* in theroy have any issues.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

For now this is what I have up so far. I am trying to lift my car and take a picture of the down pipe, cat, and exhaust and the BoV. From what my friends told me. I have an HKS Turbo Exhaust.
    Last edited by MasterHernan; 04-01-2007 at 09:07 AM.

congrats and welcome to the forum

did you get a good deal on it?

Just asking, what kind of suspension/springs are you on? Judging from the pic, that drop looks sweet.

1. Thanks for the welcome.

2. I don't know what type of springs I have but I am trying to raise the car because when I have 2 people in the back seat. The tire rubs, so I am trying to raise the car for less bumpiness too. Because is so stiff that I feel ever penny on the ground.

3. More results have comed in from my research on the car. It looks like it has a Megan Downpipe w/ a custom straight pipe and a HKS Exhaust and an ebay BoV.

What I am going to do is get rid of the BoV and buy the stock one. Get the stock catback w/ stock exhaust and possibly look into the stock down pipe. Also raise the car and losen the springs a bit so is not that bumpy and the ride is more smooth.

Please if anybody can help. I am open to anything.

Welcome and congrats.

Oh, okay. I was thinking about Tanabe Sustec GF210 springs on my car. It lowers the front 1" and the rear .05" for the 05-07 sti. An 04 sti with the same springs lowers the car a little bit more. Like what you said, I don't want a bumpy ride either and a car that sits low. I'm just undecided right now. Greetings, welcome and congrats on the ride.

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHernan View Post
    1. Thanks for the welcome.

2. I don't know what type of springs I have but I am trying to raise the car because when I have 2 people in the back seat. The tire rubs, so I am trying to raise the car for less bumpiness too. Because is so stiff that I feel ever penny on the ground.

3. More results have comed in from my research on the car. It looks like it has a Megan Downpipe w/ a custom straight pipe and a HKS Exhaust and an ebay BoV.

What I am going to do is get rid of the BoV and buy the stock one. Get the stock catback w/ stock exhaust and possibly look into the stock down pipe. Also raise the car and losen the springs a bit so is not that bumpy and the ride is more smooth.

Please if anybody can help. I am open to anything.
    Why on earth would you want to go back to stock exhaust? The ride in STI's stock isn't all that smooth to begin with so I mean getting rid of your drop springs and such doesn't really make much sense(no reason spending more money to make your car stock again).

Thats my 2 cents.
    Last edited by project_skyline; 04-03-2007 at 12:30 AM.

Welcome to the Club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast