STilicious - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on STilicious within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by project_skyline Why on earth would you want to go back to stock exhaust? The ride in STI's ...

Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline View Post
    Why on earth would you want to go back to stock exhaust? The ride in STI's stock isn't all that smooth to begin with so I mean getting rid of your drop springs and such doesn't really make much sense(no reason spending more money to make your car stock again).

Thats my 2 cents.
    Well I thought about it and what I want to do is raise the car because is rubbing in the back when I have people and maybe get an catback to quiet that damn exhaust because is too loud. I got a head ache on my way home yesterday. But I still want to collect the stock parts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHernan View Post
    Well I thought about it and what I want to do is raise the car because is rubbing in the back when I have people and maybe get an catback to quiet that damn exhaust because is too loud. I got a head ache on my way home yesterday. But I still want to collect the stock parts.
    You have a catback already what you need is a resonator pipe in the middle instead of it being a straight pipe off the turbo

If your just looking for a quiet straight up catback i hear the borla hush is real nice and quiet

You selling your springs? and if so you mind telling me how much shipped to 21701?

Arrow

Are there any good catalitics that will make my car quiet and not sacrafice that much power?
    Last edited by MasterHernan; 04-03-2007 at 07:01 AM.

nice looking STI!!

From the looks of it I have this mods on the car:

http://www.boostbuddy.com/servlet/Detail?no=4

http://www.boostbuddy.com/servlet/Detail?no=3

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVE...ayphotohosting

I will try to get the actual pictures this weekend but from my camera phone pictures. My mods looks the same as these.

I Support ClubWRX
    Please check out the STi forum for the stick on STi mod paths. This will help you out in your decision making.

For now, based on your stated needs, my recommendations are:

1. Swap out the BOV for the stock BPV.
    2. Offer up a trade for the dollars + springs you have against stock STi springs.
    3. Offer up a trade for dollars + the DP you have against a stock DP or an aftermarket DP with high flow cat. Alternativley, purchase a DP with HF cat in it. I'd recommend the Cobb unit for quality purposes.
    4. The noise from your catback is going to be the biggest dollar issue, so again, offer up a trade for your CB + dolalrs for a stock STi CB.

Just so I'm not confusing anyone, you would recieve the trade parts PLUS dollars from the other party. You should not have to pay dollars of course

After this is done, you'll now have a stock STi, or a stock STi with aftermarket DP and HF cat.

Since your main concerns sound like liveablity and long term service, this should meet your needs. However, you should know that with the addition of the aftermarket DP with HF cat and the stock STi CB, you can now also purshase a Cobb AP and flash a Stage 2 map. This SIGNIFICANTLY increases the power of the STi, and you can still pass emissions and or/warranty related work by flashing back to the stock map. Again, check out the STi forum as there is a lot of info there.

Good luck!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Am I the only one wondering why you didnt just buy a stock STI?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Am I the only one wondering why you didnt just buy a stock STI?
    i am thinking the same thing!!

i am a noob but was thinking that but didn't want to say it! lol

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    i am thinking the same thing!!

i am a noob but was thinking that but didn't want to say it! lol
    2007 - WTF... Hell No I will not even be caught dead driving that.

2006 - What was subaru thinking when they designed that nose?

2005 - Perfect.

Is hard to find a stock 2005 in Miami for a good price. So my friend at Maroone hooked me up with a slight moded 2005 STi with 30k miles for $20k. I did a lot of research before getting the car. I did a VIN look up with Subaru and the car has never been flagged for mods and it has been brought for maintainance services. Everything w/ Subaru is fine w/out any problems. I did a look up on previous owner and any reports and no problems. So I decided to take a chance.

good luck with putting it back to stock..

congrats on the purchase tho!

good luck with putting it back to stock..

congrats on the purchase tho!
    After I take it back to stock. I want to learn and enjoy the ride because I have never had a car with 300 HP. After a while of enjoying the car and learning it tricks. I'll look into minor mods that won't give me crap with warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHernan View Post
    After I take it back to stock. I want to learn and enjoy the ride because I have never had a car with 300 HP. After a while of enjoying the car and learning it tricks. I'll look into minor mods that won't give me crap with warranty.
    make sure you need us updated!!

make sure you need us updated!!
    You mean "keep us updated"?

I got good news, I got in contact with my previous owner and I now know everything that the car has. The springs are skunk 2. I'll probably be selling those after I get the stock ones.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!

Go back to the stock BOV.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12