This is a discussion on New Member within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all I have been looking around these forums for a while and finally decided to join. Last night my ...

Hey all I have been looking around these forums for a while and finally decided to join. Last night my baby, my Acura Integra was stolen. This is the last straw as I have had it broken into numerous times before. So I'm officially done with the whole honda scene all together. I'm looking to buy a used Wrx. I know Wrx's get stolen but I don't think its half as much as teg's do. My question to you guys is what should i look for when buying a used Rex? I know i need to look for low miles, and one that hasn't been modded. Is there anything else that you guys would recomend? Thanks for your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ODJ
    Welcome and sorry for your luck. The last time I saw a list of the most frequently stolen cars, 3 out of the top 5 entries were Acura Integras (of various vintages).

Statistically speaking, you'll be better off in a WRX. For even more security you can get a wagon, which will be even less likely to catch the eye of a would-be car thief.

You already know to stay away from mods, but also keep a keen eye out for CAI's, BOV's and boost controllers. None of these mods is good for the longevity of the WRX. Good luck!
    UNSPOILT BY PROGRESS

HAI! And welcome.

Welcome from a fellow new guy here!

My friend recently had his teg stolen, and it was a POS. Still, I'm pretty sure he cried when no one was looking. I don't blame him. My condolences to you.

Welcome to the club!
    If you see anybody try to lay a hand on your subie once you get it, kick him in the teeth.
    hahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    One more of these pointless threads and im going to bash my face into the computer screen.
    There's no replacement for displacement. Except for a fat ass turbo!!!

Also when looking a used car that is manual u need to check out the clutch pedal for play. I believe if there is more than an inch of play in teh clutch pedal dont buy it. Also find a car where the person or dealership can show proof of all maintence.
    Blobeye Syndicate #666

Quote Originally Posted by ODJ View Post
    Welcome and sorry for your luck. The last time I saw a list of the most frequently stolen cars, 3 out of the top 5 entries were Acura Integras (of various vintages).

I too have seen that...and I can speak first hand as I am also in the Stolen Integra club...I had a lot of work done to mine, including a $2000 stereo system. Nothing will stop a brick through the window...

Got it back, and the car was trashed...entire interior was missing...those Effers even took my soccer cleats from my trunk!!!! That pissed me off more than anything...well, not so much. But they left the engine in tact completely. Shows what they really knew about...But it was sad cause it was my first car ever

But 4 cars later, I now have my STI and I couldn't be happier!!! Welcome!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey there, welcome to the club.

Search button will be your friend, Use it cause I'm sure you'll find answer's to some of your questions that why. Lots of Info here.. and Great people.

Enjoy the forum
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it. Well it turns out my car was found today. My baby is a hot mess.... But I am comforted by the fact that my new baby is gonna be a awd turbocharged monster. Im currently in the process of looking at a 2003 Wrx with 47000 miles. From the pics it looks like its bone stock but I will be going to see monday. Ill keep you guys posted and thanks again for your help.