'07 WRX or STI??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on '07 WRX or STI?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay Here Goes I currently have a '96 Honda Accord, which is still running and not a bad car with ...

'07 WRX or STI??

Okay Here Goes
    I currently have a '96 Honda Accord, which is still running and not a bad car with 127,000 miles on it. I am looking into buy a new car. I am looking at '07 Infiniti G35's, '07 STI, and '07 WRX....

I understand the G35 is in a totally different than the Subaru's. I have not test drove the G35 yet.

I travel the highway about 30 miles each day to work. I live in Maryland, which we do not get that much snow, but when it does we do get a decent amount of it.

My question for you guys/girls is out of the '07 STI and '07 WRX which do you prefer??

'07 STI will kill me in insurance.... I have received one quote for $2900 for 6 months!!

Please help me... VERY NEWBIE!

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    For starters lose the blue text.

Second I have owned both a 06 wrx and a 07 STI. The STI is a 100% different animal compared to the wrx. If you are looking for a smooth ride, no rattles, and not to feel any bumps then I suggest either the g35 or the wrx. If you are willing to live with some road noise, some minor rattles, a stiff suspension, and not a ton of "extra" features then the STI is great.

The AWD comes in handy when we do get some snow here in Maryland. I enjoyed both the wrx and the STI this winter. The STI was much better in the ice stuff then the wrx was. Something to keep in mind is if you get the STI you'll need new tires for the winter. The stock summer only tires are not safe to use in the snow.

The g35 is a really nice car IMHO and I wouldnt mind owning one, but the RWD thing killed it for me. The days we do get snow here it's a good feeling to know you can safely get just about anywhere you want to go.

What part of MD are you in?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    For starters lose the blue text.

Second I have owned both a 06 wrx and a 07 STI. The STI is a 100% different animal compared to the wrx. If you are looking for a smooth ride, no rattles, and not to feel any bumps then I suggest either the g35 or the wrx. If you are willing to live with some road noise, some minor rattles, a stiff suspension, and not a ton of "extra" features then the STI is great.

The AWD comes in handy when we do get some snow here in Maryland. I enjoyed both the wrx and the STI this winter. The STI was much better in the ice stuff then the wrx was. Something to keep in mind is if you get the STI you'll need new tires for the winter. The stock summer only tires are not safe to use in the snow.

The g35 is a really nice car IMHO and I wouldnt mind owning one, but the RWD thing killed it for me. The days we do get snow here it's a good feeling to know you can safely get just about anywhere you want to go.

What part of MD are you in?

sorry for the blue font...
    thanks for all the information..

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Okay Here Goes
    I currently have a '96 Honda Accord, which is still running and not a bad car with 127,000 miles on it. I am looking into buy a new car. I am looking at '07 Infiniti G35's, '07 STI, and '07 WRX....

I understand the G35 is in a totally different than the Subaru's. I have not test drove the G35 yet.

I travel the highway about 30 miles each day to work. I live in Maryland, which we do not get that much snow, but when it does we do get a decent amount of it.

My question for you guys/girls is out of the '07 STI and '07 WRX which do you prefer??

'07 STI will kill me in insurance.... I have received one quote for $2900 for 6 months!!

Please help me... VERY NEWBIE!

Thanks

$2900 for 6 months?! I'm only 22 and I pay that much a year. That's enough to deter me. Before I purchased my 07 sti, I was considering the g35 due to the fact that I have a VPP plan through them(My friends dad works for nissan corp.) Good great, great interior, although, I still favor the rawness of the sti. Its a beast. In retrospect think of the g35 as a well mannered grey hound, fast yet sleek. Where as the sti, a vicious wolf. Cant think of any other metophoric attributes this early in the morning
    hawk-eye alliance #6301
    07sti ltd ugm353/800

Quote Originally Posted by aaron6301 View Post
    $2900 for 6 months?! I'm only 22 and I pay that much a year. That's enough to deter me. Before I purchased my 07 sti, I was considering the g35 due to the fact that I have a VPP plan through them(My friends dad works for nissan corp.) Good great, great interior, although, I still favor the rawness of the sti. Its a beast. In retrospect think of the g35 as a well mannered grey hound, fast yet sleek. Where as the sti, a vicious wolf. Cant think of any other metophoric attributes this early in the morning
    where do you live Aaron?? Which Insurance Provider are you with?? Any Accidents?? Full coverage??

that is the only quote that i have had so far... a friend that works at All State got me that quote but she said they might be able to lower it if i talked to them..

I Prefer the STI The Cost is pay whit the Performance
    07´STi Limited Edition 753/800 UGM
    "Very Rare species in México"
    ECU Tunned by COBB S II, Brembo Cross Drilled R, Zero Sports Brake Lines, Zero Sports Brake Pads, K&N Filter, PIAA Bulbs, FIAMM Air Horn, STI Radiator Cap 1.3Kp, MOTUL Oil, Cat-Back Magnaflow, STP Battery H, EIBACH Springs, LaMoo Turbo Boost G, 3M Care Products, COBB Down Pipe SS 3", COBB Sway Bars, STI trailing Link, Michelin Wiper B, STI Valve.

where do you live Aaron?? Which Insurance Provider are you with?? Any Accidents?? Full coverage??

that is the only quote that i have had so far... a friend that works at All State got me that quote but she said they might be able to lower it if i talked to them..
    I currently live in Southern California where rich spoiled kids with expensive cars run rampant. I am currently with Mercury insurance with full liability and coverage.

As for accidents, only one in the past three years due to unfavorable conditions. I swerved to avoid a dog in the road and went over a center median in my lowered Volvo AWD turbo s40. Damage wasn't that bad, only needed riims, hubs, and axels.

I would think that it would be more expensive out here for coverage than where you are from.
    hawk-eye alliance #6301
    07sti ltd ugm353/800

Quote Originally Posted by aaron6301 View Post
    I currently live in Southern California where rich spoiled kids with expensive cars run rampant. I am currently with Mercury insurance with full liability and coverage.

As for accidents, only one in the past three years due to unfavorable conditions. I swerved to avoid a dog in the road and went over a center median in my lowered Volvo AWD turbo s40. Damage wasn't that bad, only needed riims, hubs, and axels.

I would think that it would be more expensive out here for coverage than where you are from.
    well considering i am 21.. i get screwed!

It does piss me off that her in Maryland, car insurance is more than out there in Cali!!

for insurance, i would just go with the WRX. you can always mod it for more performance without paying through the nose on the insurance.

the STI of course would be the better choice if the money wasnt an issue, but the WRX is going to be a lot of fun as well.

G35 is nice, but that is more of a BMW or legacy GT competition rather than the WRX/STI models.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    for insurance, i would just go with the WRX. you can always mod it for more performance without paying through the nose on the insurance.

the STI of course would be the better choice if the money wasnt an issue, but the WRX is going to be a lot of fun as well.

G35 is nice, but that is more of a BMW or legacy GT competition rather than the WRX/STI models.
    why is insurance so much more on the STI?? more hp??

how much would i know the power difference between the STI and WRX?

why is insurance so much more on the STI?? more hp??

how much would i know the power difference between the STI and WRX?
    more of a risk to be wrecked, higher cost to replace, higher hp, more of a race type vehicle, etc. lots of things probably go into insurance stuff.

there is a power difference, but the STI isnt just about more power, you get the 6 speed tranny, better resale value %, completely different suspension, brembo brakes, different turbo/interior, DCCD, etc.

most people just look at the STI as more power than a WRX, but there is a lot more in the differences than just some power.

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    more of a risk to be wrecked, higher cost to replace, higher hp, more of a race type vehicle, etc. lots of things probably go into insurance stuff.

there is a power difference, but the STI isnt just about more power, you get the 6 speed tranny, better resale value %, completely different suspension, brembo brakes, different turbo/interior, DCCD, etc.

most people just look at the STI as more power than a WRX, but there is a lot more in the differences than just some power.
    thanks for the information Grayson!

no problem.

STI is a better all around performing car, but the WRX's are a lot of fun too.

IT woudl take far more money to make a WRX into an STI than it would to just buy the STI in the first place over the STI.

Heck, the STI tranny alone is near $7k new, brembos are $1000 used on a good day, then take into account the totally diff suspension, different turbo, interior, etc.

if the budget allows for the STI without putting a strain on money, the STI is the one to go for.

well considering i am 21.. i get screwed!

It does piss me off that her in Maryland, car insurance is more than out there in Cali!!
    You and I are basically are getting the same judgement in regards of what insurance companies think. The only savior is hitting the almight 25 year old rate deduction, that is if you comply with state laws and don't wreck.

If you really want the sti, shop around, and when I mean shop, I mean shop. It took me quite a while to find the rate I was appeased with to say the least. From my turbo volvo s40 I saw a grand raise in one years coverage.

Grayson also has some good points, for the price your getting a STI for, its well worth it, IMO that is.

Good luck on your purchase, hope you get what you want.

And keep us posted, post pics of your purchase.
    hawk-eye alliance #6301
    07sti ltd ugm353/800

another car to consider is the Legacy GT. When I sold my 2005 WRX, i was looking to get an STI, but ended up in an LGT, partially for insurance costs at the time.

it was a great car and if you do a lot of commuting, is very comfortable. They are in short supply for 2007, but a great vehicle. They make good power with mods just like an WRX or STI will, have good insurance rates, and are a good midway price point between the STI and WRX. just something to consider.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast