'07 WRX or STI?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on '07 WRX or STI?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Dowroa brings up a great point. If the car is JUST purely a commuter car and that's in then the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Dowroa brings up a great point. If the car is JUST purely a commuter car and that's in then the wrx is probaly more then enough. If you are looking for something to mod/race/go fast in save up and get a STI.

It all depends on what your goals/purpose are for the car.

For me I wanted something fast, fun, good handling, and with a warranty. That's why I went from the wrx to the STI. And it's not my daily driver so I could care less how rough the dumps are.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Dowroa brings up a great point. If the car is JUST purely a commuter car and that's in then the wrx is probaly more then enough. If you are looking for something to mod/race/go fast in save up and get a STI.

It all depends on what your goals/purpose are for the car.

For me I wanted something fast, fun, good handling, and with a warranty. That's why I went from the wrx to the STI. And it's not my daily driver so I could care less how rough the dumps are.
    damn the decision is so damn hard... the price of the car isn't the thing bothering me. I have went to one dealership so far and for a '07 STI i could get it for $31,500 before tax, title, taxes. I can afford that with ease. I will have between $7,500 - $10,000 down.. The kicker is the insurance... That is going to be more than the car payment.

I have a '96 Honda Accord LX 4-door right now and I don't know if I am going to keep it or sell it.

I am commuting from Middle River to Towson 5 days a week. about 15.52 miles one way.

I don't really care about the "rough" ride of the STI. I am not racing it or at least i don't plan to. I do like the STI spoiler tho! but i know i can get the spoiler and install it on the WRX.

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    damn the decision is so damn hard... the price of the car isn't the thing bothering me. I have went to one dealership so far and for a '07 STI i could get it for $31,500 before tax, title, taxes. I can afford that with ease. I will have between $7,500 - $10,000 down.. The kicker is the insurance... That is going to be more than the car payment.

I have a '96 Honda Accord LX 4-door right now and I don't know if I am going to keep it or sell it.

I am commuting from Middle River to Towson 5 days a week. about 15.52 miles one way.

I don't really care about the "rough" ride of the STI. I am not racing it or at least i don't plan to. I do like the STI spoiler tho! but i know i can get the spoiler and install it on the WRX.

Play around with the insurance coverage. If you have a light commute (under 50 miles a day) you can reduce the mileage per year and save. You can also increase your deductible limits. Maybe you can get a company discount.

I'd try to make the STi decision work...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Play around with the insurance coverage. If you have a light commute (under 50 miles a day) you can reduce the mileage per year and save. You can also increase your deductible limits. Maybe you can get a company discount.

I'd try to make the STi decision work...
    i will try to do that..

i do travel under 50 miles a day tho... hmmm

Thanks again everyone for their information, comments, knowledge!!!

i am new and you guys/girls are all right!!

i will try to do that..

i do travel under 50 miles a day tho... hmmm

Thanks again everyone for their information, comments, knowledge!!!

i am new and you guys/girls are all right!!
    Welcome, its not perfect... but if you went to Nabisco first like i did then this forum looks like a paradise!
    Bugeye Mafia #125 - And Proud Of It!

man dats crazy how i see the quotes on you guys inc. i live in portland oregon and am 23 yr old and i pay 115.00 a month on my 05 sti. i have it with safeco inc. i used to drive an 03 cavalier and payd 189.00 a month for dat piece of crap under progressive.

Quote Originally Posted by zalaka View Post
    man dats crazy how i see the quotes on you guys inc. i live in portland oregon and am 23 yr old and i pay 115.00 a month on my 05 sti. i have it with safeco inc. i used to drive an 03 cavalier and payd 189.00 a month for dat piece of crap under progressive.
    yeah i am 21 yrs old... Geico Insurance - 1996 Honda Accord LX 4 door - $153/month liability only!!

yeah i am 21 yrs old... Geico Insurance - 1996 Honda Accord LX 4 door - $153/month liability only!!
    dis all full coverage bro wit 500 diductable, you should look up for safco inc. and c if that covers ur area....

Just get the WRX, to me it is my daily driver, and going from my 03 Eclipse it is PLENTY fast enough for me. Makes me feel like im driving around on a little rocket when i give it gas, like today i had to pass someone on the highway this lady in a Grand Prix GTP going slow as hell in the left lane, so of course when i goto pass her she speeds up and thinks she can out muscle me with my little blue 4 door sedan, but to her dismay she looked in shock when i could easily keep up with her in 5th gear at 3k rpms
    Last edited by Slider; 04-04-2007 at 01:47 PM.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    Just get the WRX, to me it is my daily driver, and going from my 03 Eclipse it is PLENTY fast enough for me. Makes me feel like im driving around on a little rocket when i give it gas, like today i had to pass someone on the highway this lady in a Grand Prix GTP going slow as hell in the left lane, so of course when i goto pass her she speeds up and thinks she can out muscle me with my little blue 4 door sedan, but to her dismay she looked in shock when i could easily keep up with her in 5th gear at 3k rpms

how old was she?? trying to speed up in a grand prix GTP... wow

they are fast but people who have them usually go slow!

Probably in her 40's. I mean why do people insist on driiving slow in the left lane on 95, but when i goto pass them in the middle lane they decide to speed up. Oh well, Left her safely behind me.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    Probably in her 40's. I mean why do people insist on driiving slow in the left lane on 95, but when i goto pass them in the middle lane they decide to speed up. Oh well, Left her safely behind me.
    everyone does that... 695 is the same way.... the fast lane is for people who are going fast!! 55mph isn't going fast... i think 10mph over is considered fast....

unless you're on 95 between Daytona Beach and Jacksonville. If you're only doing 90 people are passing you left and right...
    2004 White WRX (R.I.P.)
    2006 White TR replacement
    1998 V5 Grey STi

sti all the way. its a work of art after you get an ap and tune..there goes away the throttle issue..numbers r soooooo good makes me want one
    Lokin&Tokin

2005 STi trunk + wing OBP 4 sale. pm me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123