new here, have a few ?'s for the experienced.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on new here, have a few ?'s for the experienced. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Before i head to work ive had this same few questions going through my mind. Im 21 with a slightly ...

new here, have a few ?'s for the experienced.

Before i head to work ive had this same few questions going through my mind. Im 21 with a slightly scarred driving record from my earlier youth, and have had pretty much all bad luck when it came to driving my parents cars. I currently have a acura integra 93 (its rapeing me in insurance, because the integra has been the most stollen car for god knows how many years). I was wondering what most of you pay for insurance on your base model turbo wrx, as im in the market for one thinking an 04 or 05 would be nice if i can find one locally at a dealer as im too afraid of purchaseing one from an individual. Ive only had one accident in the past 35 months, not being my fault but still shows as im bad luck, and one remaining ticket that will be falling off the radar in a month or two. And if you have any other insightful information on how much an 04-05 model wrx or even a used 06 should be running at a dealership if they have any from trade in's etc. Should i hold out and maybe wait to see if i can find a decent used 07 with the 08 models coming out soon?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Guy just take 30 mins and get a qoute from several different insurance companies. Insurance varies person to person and depends on things like location, number of polices, number of cars on polices, number of tickets, CREDIT RATING, age, and several other factors. We obviously dont know ANY of this about you at all.

As for buying a used wrx most of the time the newer you can go the better. Try to find one that isnt modded and wasnt abused. Good luck.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+1

+1 on the getting the quotes yourself. Like said previously, an insurance quote is based on several proprietary factors in which none of use could provide enlightenment on. I know that location makes a big difference in premiums depending on what type of car.

Try to get a quote from one of those companies that gives you the rates of other insurance companies as well. (such as progressive)

Or just give us the following:

your full driving record
    your credit score
    your address
    your work address
    your d.o.b.

Then we can see if someone here matches you perfectly, and whatever they are paying, is what you would likely pay.

lol - all kidding aside, just call some places and ask for a quote. If they tell you they need a VIN#, just grab one from any used car site selling the same car you are looking for.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Yeah actually on my drive to work i was thinking, what a stupid question i asked. Just woke up when i posted and a little groggy. What i was more or less trying to grasp is not an actual price but the concept of has anyone noticed that the insurance had changed to being higher than expected from switching to one car to the next, but then again the same data for each person stated above still affect that question. So scratch that. Not doing to well making a good first impression, but i promise my future posts will be more thought out. But thanks for the info you could provide me given the crappy question. Ive been a honda man my short driving career and after rideing in a friends 07 legacy GT with the stage 2 i fell completely in love with subaru, had planned on going cheap and economic with a honda fit given the money saved on gas and overall price of car. But that went out the door when he turned the key.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.