Help on Buying a New 06 WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Help on Buying a New 06 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys new to the forum and i want to buy a 06 WRX (not the sti) im just wondering ...

Help on Buying a New 06 WRX

Hey guys new to the forum and i want to buy a 06 WRX (not the sti) im just wondering how much u guys paid for it (if you dont mind me asking) down payment, payments per month, percentage rate and just anything that will help me....i've been approved but just wondering whats the best deal...tnx guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    There are three models for 06..the TR (less options), the regular wrx (more options) and the limited (the most options).

Prices will vary along with interest rates and the main thing is insurance. None the less I got my 2006 LTD WRX for around 25,xxx around a year and a half ago.

I assume you'd be looking at a used 2006 if which will probaly be priced..depending on miles

TR: 18-21 depending on private sale and/or if modded/options
    Reg WRX : 18-22 See above
    LTD WRX: 18-23 See above
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

i'll probably end up gettin like a with one with a little bit of options....im just lookin for a good car and wondering how much monthly payments are.....and like how many years, etc....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Addict93 View Post
    i'll probably end up gettin like a with one with a little bit of options....im just lookin for a good car and wondering how much monthly payments are.....and like how many years, etc....
    That is something you need to figure out with a payment calculator. Most car payments go from 36-60 months and can range anywhere from 200-600. It depends on down payment, cost of car, taxes, and a few other things.

I'll assume you dont have stellar credit so you will probaly be looking at around 6+% on a 60 month loan. ATLEAST

i have pretty good credit and could affort a sti but i just dont want my payments to be that high....im just looking for a desent payment a month without raping me....like i said i just wanna see what everyone else pays for theres so i could get a good idea

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Addict93 View Post
    i have pretty good credit and could affort a sti but i just dont want my payments to be that high....im just looking for a desent payment a month without raping me....like i said i just wanna see what everyone else pays for theres so i could get a good idea
    I guess what I am saying is having 20 people post up prices ranging from 200-600 a month for a car payment wont help. Basically that is what just about everyone on this board pays...somewhere between there.

hmmm seems reasonable thanks for the info.......anybody else?

07 sti ltd, 60 months, paying 550 monthly. a little pricey.... but worth every penny in my opinion.
    hawk-eye alliance #6301
    07sti ltd ugm353/800

got my TR new back in Jan 06 for $22,8xx out the door. Paid cash though.
    2004 White WRX (R.I.P.)
    2006 White TR replacement
    1998 V5 Grey STi

Quote Originally Posted by aaron6301 View Post
    07 sti ltd, 60 months, paying 550 monthly. a little pricey.... but worth every penny in my opinion.
    WOW thats a lot...very small Down payment/trade?

I pay $370 a month for my STI Limited...60 months...$11k on a trade in though...

and damn right every penny is worth it
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

you should just ask politely how low the dealer will go. once you get that figure go to the bank get a pre-approved car loan for that amount. then go back to the dealership and say I'll give you XXXXX amount if you drop XXXX much off or try to get accessories. It usually works if you don't try to low ball them and you are cool about it.

and if you decide to go through the dealership finance then it totally depends on your credit, payment plan, and how much are willing to drop as a down payment/trade.

I went to buy a used 2002 WRX back in 2004 and was willing and showed them i had 10k to be used as down payment. but since i had no credit, Subaru and other car finance programs rejected me. But ofc my awesome bank approved me for a loan for a better deal i got from a personal sell. with an awesome APR for no credit
    02' WRX OSECUROM STG 2 93OCT on 91OCT map -13.708 SEC / 097.84 MPH / 1.86 60 ft @ No Problem Raceway

02' WRX OSECUROM STG 2.5 93OCT- 12.9 SEC @ No Problem Raceway
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelF16 View Post
    got my TR new back in Jan 06 for $22,8xx out the door. Paid cash though.
    thats because your a baller man!!lolol j/k got mine for 21k@6% apr
    2006 OBP WRX

HAWK-EYE Alliance#072

I Support ClubWRX
    27k $225 48 mo's, 17k down.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    sorry.. if u couldn't tell from the picture.. that's an 06 sedan (not TR) brand new.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by John_M View Post
    thats because your a baller man!!lolol j/k got mine for 21k@6% apr
    lol, if you say so. At the time I had a friend who was also going to pay cash for her 06 wagon. Did everything over email saying something to the effect of "this is what we want and this is what we want to pay cash for." Had like 3 different dealers bidding for the same car since it was the only one in CO that matched what I wanted.

Probably could have gotten it lower if I'd waited, but by that time I'd already gone a month without a WRX and couldn't take it anymore.
    2004 White WRX (R.I.P.)
    2006 White TR replacement
    1998 V5 Grey STi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast