06 Wrx

This is a discussion on 06 Wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey. i'm new to the forum but i've had my WRX since august 06. I love it and i havnt ...

06 Wrx

Hey. i'm new to the forum but i've had my WRX since august 06. I love it and i havnt done any performance uprgrades. i did put a touch screen in and hooked it up to a computer which is workin out pretty nice. any suggestions on performance mods. i heard stuff about a rear sway bar my friend said it was is his favorite mod. also any meets around central jersey or ne where in jersey?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Vez
    Welcome!

Pics? I was just talking about this with my friend about 15 minutes ago. I'd love to see pics of your setup.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

Nice car, you need to post some pics.

Good first mods include:
    Springs
    Sway bars w/ endlinks
    SS brake lines w/ better fluid
    Cobb AP or Enginuity (AP is much more user friendly for beginners)
    Turbo-back exhaust
    SPT/cobb/k&n short-ram if you must have an intake (not necessary)

Definitely go with the suspension mods first so that when you do decide to get the performance mods you will have the handling to go with it.

FWIW just putting on a stiff rear swaybar will just give the feeling of less understeer. It just makes the rear a little "looser" and makes it feel better. The front will understeer the same amount with or without the rear swaybar. Definitely try to get both of the sways at one time.

I used to live off Route 1 in New Brunswick. Got a little too crowded and now i'm in NC in the "country".

Quote Originally Posted by dansimo View Post
    Hey. i'm new to the forum but i've had my WRX since august 06. I love it and i havnt done any performance uprgrades. i did put a touch screen in and hooked it up to a computer which is workin out pretty nice. any suggestions on performance mods. i heard stuff about a rear sway bar my friend said it was is his favorite mod. also any meets around central jersey or ne where in jersey?
    Welcome!!! Many of us are from Jersey (myself included) and Eastern PA areas and plenty of meets do go on...couple big ones coming, including King of Parts meet in Doylestown, PA on April 21, and Sandy Hook in May I think? But there are details about all our local meets Under the Tri-State Forum here...Hope to see you out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by msedly View Post
    Nice car, you need to post some pics.

Good first mods include:
    Springs
    Sway bars w/ endlinks
    SS brake lines w/ better fluid
    Cobb AP or Enginuity (AP is much more user friendly for beginners)
    Turbo-back exhaust
    SPT/cobb/k&n short-ram if you must have an intake (not necessary)

Definitely go with the suspension mods first so that when you do decide to get the performance mods you will have the handling to go with it.

FWIW just putting on a stiff rear swaybar will just give the feeling of less understeer. It just makes the rear a little "looser" and makes it feel better. The front will understeer the same amount with or without the rear swaybar. Definitely try to get both of the sways at one time.

I used to live off Route 1 in New Brunswick. Got a little too crowded and now i'm in NC in the "country".
    ^^^He definitely hit the nail on the head with what he says here...Suspension is a GREAT first step in modding. Thicker sway bars, rear especially make all the difference in the world, especially with some new endlinks. Going the Turbo Back Exhaust (TBE) and engine management route is where its at for beginning power gains that are also pretty wallet friendly for the gains you acheive...

but rest assured, one of your best friends here can be the Searches and the Sticky threads at the tops of many of the forums...goodluck dude!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

thanks for the feedback guys