thinking about buying a new STI need some advice!

This is a discussion on thinking about buying a new STI need some advice! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok so im thinking about buying a new STI to replace my truck which i love i just dont know ...

Arrow thinking about buying a new STI need some advice!

ok so im thinking about buying a new STI to replace my truck which i love i just dont know that i want a truck anymore heres a pic. Now my question is if/when i get my new car im gonna want to do a turbo bac exhaust and an intake and maybe some kind of programer (im not sure what is available for these cars) and maybe a Blow off Valve, so any input is appreciated! thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 06fx4 View Post
    ok so im thinking about buying a new STI to replace my truck which i love i just dont know that i want a truck anymore heres a pic. Now my question is if/when i get my new car im gonna want to do a turbo bac exhaust and an intake and maybe some kind of programer (im not sure what is available for these cars) and maybe a Blow off Valve, so any input is appreciated! thanks!
    nice truck..

but the STI is crazy .. out of hte box. if i were you id look into cobbtuning or crawford performance.. they are gonna get you goin faster than a BOV or intake can provide..

( if your gettin a ultra-performance STI, you should be lookin at .. expensive upgrades. not BOV's and intakes.. but wtf do i know. im a noob, honestly)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #0284
    TwoThousandSeven WRX TR..

Start of with an Engine Management System:

Cobb Accessport

Next get:

Drop in filter ( NO INTAKE) such as K&N or PERRIN
    Turbo Back exhaust.

After that:

Springs/sways/struts

Then get:

save money for a protune. . .then u should be okay. . .

Of course if you want more power, then upgrade your turbo/intercooling system/ and breaks. . . breaks first then power!
    MARC

DEF' SIK Member #1

sweet truck, even though its is a ford...

You can buy a accessport as stated above with the turboback exhaust which would put you at stage two then you could get a protune even better. This is a nice setup unless you reallly wanna mod then you can go with a whole new setup but i think stage 2 sti is pretty reliable/very fun to drive

thanks for the advice so far guys, can you post some links to sites where i can get this stuff?

why didnt you go with BFG Mud Terrains?....

http://www.worldoneperformance.com/

http://www.subarugenuineparts.com/

http://www.sojdm.com/store/pc/home.asp

http://renickmotorsports.com/oscommerce/catalog/

also try cobb. but heres some good sites for our cars.
    Lokin&Tokin

2005 STi trunk + wing OBP 4 sale. pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by eze13 View Post
    i went with the toyo's to be different everyone around here has the BFG's but i love these tires!
    thanks for the sites, what is cobb? And what brand of exhaust would you all recommend, someting thats not ricey but loud and and deep? sorry for all the questions!
    Last edited by 06fx4; 03-23-2007 at 04:46 AM.

its hard to get a wrx or sti to sound "rice" so to speak, watever exhaust you go with, I'm sure you will be happy. I just put on a Stromung Turboback which is similar to Cobbs turboback, you may want to look into it... I LOVE it. its not too obnoxiously loud but not too quiet either... nice deep tone and pretty nasty at WOT esp 1st and 2nd. I'm happy with it...

I'll have a sound clip maybe later today if your interested.

to check out more about Cobb go to their website... www.cobbtuning.com

or search "Cobb" in the search bar here... I'm sure you'll get alot of good reviews.

Wow nice truck! It's entirely too clean!!

What part of MD are you in? I spend most my time in Frederick. If you're close lmk if you want a ride in my wrx. It's not a STi, but Cobb Stg 2. And you'll hear a very nice and throaty exhaust.

Please no blow off valve. That's a step in the wrong direction.

Visit cobbtuning.com that's a great place to buy very good stuff, including engine management.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister1rg View Post
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by twoturbos View Post
    Wow nice truck! It's entirely too clean!!

What part of MD are you in? I spend most my time in Frederick. If you're close lmk if you want a ride in my wrx. It's not a STi, but Cobb Stg 2. And you'll hear a very nice and throaty exhaust.

Please no blow off valve. That's a step in the wrong direction.

Visit cobbtuning.com that's a great place to buy very good stuff, including engine management.
    haha well i gotta keep it clean, but thats only after i detail it, i do get it muddy up at the levys in chesapeak city, im in Cecil county btw.