Converted STI'er

This is a discussion on Converted STI'er within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well, since im in the new member hangout, i guess i wont have to repeat it. i just recently got ...

Converted STI'er

well, since im in the new member hangout, i guess i wont have to repeat it. i just recently got into the wrx/sti's, but before that i always wanted a RX-7 FD. but after hearing all the problems with rotary engines and the hassle to keep it running, i stopped chasin after the car. two of my friends own wrx's and they've been moderately modified. but i wanted something with more power and came upon the sti. i dont have the car at the moment due to financial circumstances., but im hoping to get the car as soon as possible. im wondering what mod should i first put on the car? i've been looking at some exhausts, and i've come down to two choices: the turbo xs (cant remember what model it was) and a greddy ti-c (havent come out yet, but heard it on a z, and sounded great). i seen and read all the good things about cobb tuning, so i will hopefully get their turbo kits, unless there is any other recommendation. well, thats all for now. hope to learn new stuff and become a more informed (future) sti driver. latez

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by TT-Rex View Post
    well, since im in the new member hangout, i guess i wont have to repeat it. i just recently got into the wrx/sti's, but before that i always wanted a RX-7 FD. but after hearing all the problems with rotary engines and the hassle to keep it running, i stopped chasin after the car. two of my friends own wrx's and they've been moderately modified. but i wanted something with more power and came upon the sti. i dont have the car at the moment due to financial circumstances., but im hoping to get the car as soon as possible. im wondering what mod should i first put on the car? i've been looking at some exhausts, and i've come down to two choices: the turbo xs (cant remember what model it was) and a greddy ti-c (havent come out yet, but heard it on a z, and sounded great). i seen and read all the good things about cobb tuning, so i will hopefully get their turbo kits, unless there is any other recommendation. well, thats all for now. hope to learn new stuff and become a more informed (future) sti driver. latez
    You want to upgrade the turbo on the STi? Not really necessary unless you want some big HP gains and spend lots of money. Just go stage 2 with the STi from Cobb, that should suit you.

STi Modification Path

Read up on that thread.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

+1 to the above, drive one for awhile then go stage 2 if you want more power

Then maybe a gt35
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

If you have "financial circumstances" I hope the STi won't be too much of a financial burden for you to enjoy it. If you do get one tho, I will envy you...

Cool, hope you get the STi, I love mine...

FYI, any exhaust you hear, will usually sound much different on the Opposed four of the Subaru... there are really good exhaust stickies so check them out
    D@VID
    2002 F150 s-crew
    07R6/08ZX-10
    STILL Hawk Eye Alliance #31
    "your drive should not be to outdo others,but to outdo yourself"

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Welcome to the club
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #888