new to the modds

This is a discussion on new to the modds within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im pretty new to this stuff, so ya i got an AEM intake, just curious what a good exhaust would ...

new to the modds

im pretty new to this stuff, so ya i got an AEM intake, just curious what a good exhaust would b to put on. im look for a nice sound, no cheap stuff

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GottaLoveIt View Post
    no cheap stuff

Then get rid of that AEM!
    '02 2.0l WRX, 237awhp, 236awtq. XPT Stage 2

Bugeye Mafia #117
    Modders Anonymous #17
    Wingless Alliance #17

not to flame from the get go. but if you're going to spend money on a mod you should at least do some research about what you're altering on you're car. I've heard many people say intakes WITHOUT tuning are more trouble than they are worth. should have gotten a GP moto silencer delete and the flat panel filter of your choosing. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=477393
    I know its nasioc but there is a good compilation of knowledge I always consult information of this nature before making a purchase.

Check out catbacks from HKS, apexi, there are a ton of options. Most sound similar and will mate up to your Downpipe fine. However if you have alittle bit more money and are looking for a noticable difference I would say ditch the intake, and buy a good turboback exhaust, then an AP. You can get all that for around 1000 if you buy smart and use the for sale forums on this site. That will give you a noticable increase in power without damaging your engine. Just kill the intake tho. have fun

A Blitz short air intake was the first uneducated mod I did to my wrx when I first bought it 4 years ago. I had it on for a whopping six hours. The car ran like crap. Stumbled, ran rich, cel came on...went back to the stock intake and all is well. Then I found the forum and did lots and lots of research and have been slowly modding my wrx and I've been very, very happy with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister1rg View Post
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe