Quandary...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Quandary... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I bought my '07 WRX tr like a week and a half ago.. got the tuner ready cuz the regular ...

Quandary...

I bought my '07 WRX tr like a week and a half ago.. got the tuner ready cuz the regular WRX was like 2g's more.. but im a smart guy and i figured i buy the tr save the money and .. well put that 2g into upgrades and tune it... my question is this..

I'm still well below the break-in mileage ( sitting at like 400miles right now )..

should i go and start upgrading small stuff now, or wait till i get to know my car, and what it can do before i jump into huge upgrades?

I have 2grand to play with, what could i do that would be the most drastic change? espically in terms of torque. ( i like pull more than the top end speed)

I'm a straight newbie when it comes to cars, engines and epically WRX's

DROP SOME KNOWLEDGE ON ME

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wait until you are done breaking the car in.

Then wait some more as you have to get used to the car in stock form. I dont know what your previous cars are, but the WRX in stock for is very fast compared to most cars in this price range. So you might need to learn to respect and control it.

After that, i think most wait till 10,000mi...but that could be a made up number that i followed.

$2,000...

• Turboback Exhaust (Downpipe, Midpipe, muffler, etc) = $700 brand new...buy used.
    • Cobb Access Port Ver 2 = $700 (this plus the turboback exhaust will give you a HP/TQ increase)
    • Lowering Springs = $225 (I like eibach or prodrive)
    • Rear Sway bar = $200 (22mm or bigger)
    • Short Shifter = $150

That leaves you $25 to buy gas.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

personally i would start with a turbo back and e/m. it will cost you just under 2g's
    2006 OBP WRX

HAWK-EYE Alliance#072

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by John_M View Post
    personally i would start with a turbo back and e/m. it will cost you just under 2g's
    That's a pretty pricey TB.
    ERZ parts FTW.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I would say first off, to go to your dealer and see how "mod friendly" they are.

Then...judging by that, go by the other ideas of TBE and EM.

You dont want to sink all of this money into your car and all of a sudden...wham...warranty gone, and you have to spend more money out of pocket.
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

I put my turbo back and cobb stage 2 sinced 900 miles and now already 5K.....running good bha
    06 wrx tr stage 2
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/scoobync
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #067

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.