Decisions decisions....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Decisions decisions.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone I just thought I could get some opinions from everyone. As of now I have a 2003 wrx ...

Decisions decisions....

Hey everyone I just thought I could get some opinions from everyone. As of now I have a 2003 wrx but this week I could get an 05 sti with only 20,000 miles and I just needed some help deciding what to do, so please post your opinions thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    We need more details...cost...maitance....will you be upside down in your loan?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

The STi is obviously the better car. As long as you can handle the purchase financially I say go for it. Think of it as an investment.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

my wrx would be paid off and i would owe about 200 a month on the sti

Quote Originally Posted by Wrx BriT View Post
    The STi is obviously the better car. As long as you can handle the purchase financially I say go for it. Think of it as an investment.

i don't know if i'd call it a "better" car and would never call a non-special (ie shelby cobra, daytona charger, hemi cuda, etc...) car an "investment"...but dollars to donuts and a payment of $200 per month (for how long?) for a 20k car sounds good enough if you can afford it and the insurance

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rubrduk View Post
    i don't know if i'd call it a "better" car and would never call a non-special (ie shelby cobra, daytona charger, hemi cuda, etc...) car an "investment"...but dollars to donuts and a payment of $200 per month (for how long?) for a 20k car sounds good enough if you can afford it and the insurance
    Lets face it no one is buying these cars (menus maybe a ESX edition) with the idea of it being an investment. If you can afford the car it's more then a step up performance wise. The STI is not a great daily driver if you ask me....very harsh suspension and loud.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

i don't know if i'd call it a "better" car
    Why not? It is.

It is superior in just about every way possible outside of price and maybe MPG's.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Why not? It is.

It is superior in just about every way possible outside of price and maybe MPG's.
    my car is quieter
    my car has a nice luxurious leather interior - not some blue racer boi thing
    my car gets better mpg
    my car is cheaper to maintain and insure
    my car doesn't have a 2 fast 2 furious laundry rack on the trunk
    my car doesn't get followed by the cops automatically
    my car doesn't get automatically stereotyped as kid's car based on appearance

it's all subjective...and for the record, these are all the reasons why i have my car and not an STi

my car is quieter
    my car gets better mpg

it's all subjective...and for the record, these are all the reasons why i have my car and not an STi
    So in your narrow perception of superiority your wrx is better for YOUR needs.
    You're more than entitled to like your wrx over an STi, but making blanket statements that the wrx is a better in general is pretty ridiculous.

Consult just about everyone else on this board, all wrx boards, all auto enthusiests, all car mag writers, etc... and you will get an overwhelming result in great favor for the STi being the much superior car.

Half the things you listed hardly apply.

Your wrx's cheap leather interior is hardly worth the alcentara sport seats in the STi. There is a reason the STi seats use a fabric found on many supercars/exotic cars.

Better gas mileage... Yeah, maybe 2mpg better, if that.

The wing can be easily traded and sold.... In which case you would actually MAKE MONEY by getting rid of the wing.

Your next two point are moot based on the fact that the above occured.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    So in your narrow perception of superiority your wrx is better for YOUR needs.
    maybe you need the rest of the world to point out to you what was said "it's all subjective" and in which you completely missed the point being conveyed...but hey a Diablo is a "superior" car as well but good luck when it comes to justifying the $18,000 tune-up to yourself at 35k miles

sub·jec·tive /səbˈdʒɛktɪv/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[suhb-jek-tiv] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –adjective
    1. existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought (opposed to objective).
    2. pertaining to or characteristic of an individual; personal; individual: a subjective evaluation.

...good luck with your character bashing

I'd say if insurance is comprobable, you can afford $200/month, and everything checks out good, go for it. If my 06 was paid off, and I could afford an STi with low miles, I'd probably go for it as well.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Do It !
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

my car is quieter
    my car gets better mpg

But anything STI is much better than the features of the 03 WRX...not like he exactly has Leather, etc...STI is a major step up in pure beast of a car...

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Lets face it no one is buying these cars (menus maybe a ESX edition) with the idea of it being an investment. If you can afford the car it's more then a step up performance wise. The STI is not a great daily driver if you ask me....very harsh suspension and loud.
    And I completely beg to differ...I bought my STI as an investment. I take care of it because it takes care of me.

To me, its a PERFECT daily driver. I LOVE a stiffer suspension because I can be in tune with my driving and handling, like I am part of the car. Only other time I felt that was with my old e36 BMW. I love being able to handle precisely with every move I make, every time I drive. All wheel drive in the snow alone has been uncanny this winter, which is phenomenal. And the engine...turbo'd beautiful EJ257 with a nice VF43...amazing...

IMHO...PERFECT daily driver
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    But anything STI is much better than the features of the 03 WRX...not like he exactly has Leather, etc...STI is a major step up in pure beast of a car...

And I completely beg to differ...I bought my STI as an investment. I take care of it because it takes care of me.

To me, its a PERFECT daily driver. I LOVE a stiffer suspension because I can be in tune with my driving and handling, like I am part of the car. Only other time I felt that was with my old e36 BMW. I love being able to handle precisely with every move I make, every time I drive. All wheel drive in the snow alone has been uncanny this winter, which is phenomenal. And the engine...turbo'd beautiful EJ257 with a nice VF43...amazing...

IMHO...PERFECT daily driver
    you have an STi Limited not a regular STi - this changes alot of things

you have an STi Limited not a regular STi - this changes alot of things
    The Limited fell on my lap...I would have gotten a regular STI had this not fallen on my lap because I even loved everything about that. But as many humans...I liked the creature comforts...

...I don't want anyone thinking that I'm knocking their rides or thinking that mines better than anyone elses, because...its not. We all love our cars for our reasons. I just think that if the dude really likes the STI...and can get a hell of a deal...IMO its well worth it. Plus...bit newer of a car, and a more solid performing car...is worth the $200 a month.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast