New to tuner cars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New to tuner cars within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello I am new to the tuner game. I have always been a muscle car guy but I fell in ...

New to tuner cars

Hello I am new to the tuner game. I have always been a muscle car guy but I fell in love with the WRX when they first came out. Now I have a 03 Impreza all stock and need to know where to begin on hooking this car up. I have already ordered a cold air intake and planning on upgrading the exhaust real soon. But dont know what is my best option to go with. Could someone tell me the best exhaust out there that doesnt sound like a accord with a coffee can on the tail pipe. Thanks for your help.

shawn

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If ur car is stock the cold air intake might actually cause some problems. The air sensor is very sensitive. U might want to just get rid of your snorkle and it will respond a little better. Start with an upipe. And exhaust.
    My money pit

yea get rid of that intake u wont need it take a look at cobb tunings website and check their stage kits those are probably the best way to go.

Could someone tell me the best exhaust out there that doesnt sound like a accord with a coffee can on the tail pipe. Thanks for your help.
    There is a sticky exhaust thread in engine performance with pics, but no exhaust will sound like an accord unless you put equal length headers on.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Cool so cobb tuning is the way to go.

Yeah its very safe too...
    My money pit

The SPT Intakes dont give off CELs or cause problems though..right?
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

Quote Originally Posted by shawnc View Post
    Cool so cobb tuning is the way to go.
    Cobb is very hard to beat, they make high quality parts but are a little on the expensive side . I have the Cobb exhaust on my car and it is very mellow with none of that "fart can" ressonance. As a rule stay away from the cylinder mufflers, if you want a quiet exhaust.
    Put your bones on the line joust the Dragon on US 129!!!

Deadbolt 20g TD06H 8cm^2, 255lph Walbro, 750cc Deutchwerks injectors, 3 piece UD pulley set, K&N Typhoon, Cobb TBE, Cobb heat shield, one step colder plugs, dyno tuned.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Cobb. Pricey, but the perfect exhaust in my biased opinion. Not too loud without looking like a grapefruit launcher (3.5" tip).

Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by shawnc View Post
    Hello I am new to the tuner game. I have always been a muscle car guy but I fell in love with the WRX when they first came out. Now I have a 03 Impreza all stock and need to know where to begin on hooking this car up. I have already ordered a cold air intake and planning on upgrading the exhaust real soon. But dont know what is my best option to go with. Could someone tell me the best exhaust out there that doesnt sound like a accord with a coffee can on the tail pipe. Thanks for your help.

shawn
    Do you have an Impreza or a WRX? Just trying to clear my own head of thoughts. I would assume from you being on clubWRX, you own a turbo car, but wanna see fo' sho'.
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

I have a WRX Impreza Wagon I wanted the sedan but I needed something with a little bit more trunk.

Welcome to the club. From a fellow noob, my advice would be do A LOT of searching and a lot of reading. That way you'll be able to decide what works for you and your budget without wasting money on mods that may not be worthwhile (a good begining point for a search would be CAI).

Blow off valves will they hook up to a stock system?

no BOVs they do more harm than good. (to these cars in stock form that is)
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

thanks for the good info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast